Ball bearing performance finds its way to S4 (finally)

here is the link: http://www.autospeedperformance.com/audi/gt25R/GT25R.htm

people in the b5 s4 community have been waiting a while for a GT turbo solution for this car. room in the engine bay and oil pressure were two of the main factors in preventing it.

i do have to say this kit is grossly overpriced. i am sure that cost of materials to ASP was significant as well as R&D, but to ask for 13k not including installation on a car that is roughly 20k used, and to get only slightly better performance over current “best” kits…its rough.

i will say this kit def has more potential. this is whp numbers on pump gas, and gt25’s. a gt28 can be fitted and tuned now that the manifolds are made, so there is def more power to be had. but at that power level i also think people are looking to lower the compression ratio, or at the very least get some exhaust cams sorted out. thats opinion though.

i almost wish i had 13k to test this kit out, for the sheer reliability of the ball bearing turbos vs. the journal…oh well i guess i am getting old and have to think of other things to do to worsen my credit score :slight_smile:

hope you enjoy the link

sick numbers.

the simple fact that you have to pull the engine to change the turbos turns me off from that car.

Big GT-42R > two tiny T28s :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice to see that they still like to rape people for money, good ol’ audi aftermarket…

$13,000 is a lot for a turbo kit but they give you a ton of stuff. I think the Twin GT25R’s is perfect for that motor’s displacement too!! Should be really fun to drive.

Do they have any timeslips for the car?

ugh tell me about it. and its not an “easy” pull either.

no timeslips officially yet…but people tell people who say it traps over 130 and is well below mid 11’s. full interior too. i take that with a grain of salt of course

They should throw a clutch in there with the kit since you gotta pull the motor anyway…

Thats some really good numbers with that kit… But yeah! the price is huge. But what isn’t for a S4…

I cant wait to see what all the “DIY” are going to say… :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant wait to hear the “this and that” of why this kit sucks and why someone can do a DIY for so much cheaper

Edit: Damn you Erik!

Soon to be 10+ pages, then the :lockd: