Bank of America Issues

UPDATE

after some poking around come to find out they DID indeed sent my shit to the wrong address…they changed one number in the zip code, which so happens to be an actually address in buffalo AND west seneca. i can’t wait to bitch them out today, this is gonna be fun :wink:

Wow… my first credit card was an MBNA card, and it recently got changed to Bank of America when BOA bought MBNA. I never use it and only keep it for the credit history with them, but now I’m going to call up and verify that all my info got moved over properly when they switched.

holy shit man… never saw this thread when you first posted it. I’d be BENT

doesn’t matter if it’s 4.00 or 4000.00, I work hard for my money. I hope you get it resolved.

did you ever think of contacting the BBB and/or the state attorney generals office? Not sure if they can help or not

yea i did think about the attorney general, i was going to do that, and now that i have hard evidence i will if this isn’t resolved in a few days. basically its $490 in late fees / interest and a fucked up credit rating, all because some dumbass behind a computer screen put the wrong zip code in

I HAVE NEVER IN 20 YEARS MISSED A PAYMENT.

Last month Bank of America said I didn’t pay and they hit me with interest and a late fee!!!
I left BoA years ago but through bank mergers I am with them again and they screwed me again.
I am canceling my card now.

ok well that was interesting…

talk to the supervisor at bank of america, who tells me that they can’t deal with the dispute, it was “sold” to the collections place so it has to go through them, and assures me thats how it works. tells me to call them and ask directly for a manager.

so i call the collections agency, get some punk kid who puts me on hold for 15 minutes, comes back and says “there are no supervisors around”. then proceeds to tell me “and honestly, i don’t really care” and hangs up on me.

i call back, get someone else, ask for a supervisor, she tells me they are in a meeting for 3 hrs. is ask if they have a direct line, she says no. so i say “you mean to tell me theres only one general line there?” and she hangs up on me.

call the supervisor at bank of america back, tell her whats going on, she gets kinda pissed, and says she’ll call me right back. calls me in like 15 minutes, tells me they pulled the account back away from the collections place, and that she will assign one of her own people to the dispute because the agency was giving me so many problems.

holy cluster fuck, whats so hard to understand about me never getting a bill!

update account is settled, and i don’t owe the $4xx :tup:

Hmm. Sounds like BOA handled it pretty well in the end. I mean, they sell off that uncollected debt for pennies on the dollar, and I’m sure they got screwed buying to back. And then once they bought it back they just cleared it.

Too bad you had all that runaround though.

yea in the end the supervisor was the ONLY person i talked to that had half a brain, it was like pulling teeth talking to everyone else i had dealt with the past few months. she gets a :tup: for sure haha