Banned Books

http://books.google.com/googlebooks/banned/

How could they even think about banning some of those books? Of mice and men and to kill a mockingbird are probably my favorite books I ever read. And I doubt I am alone on this issue. These are classics and dumbass people want them banned!!!

whats wrong with people?

:whitey:

people are fucking stupid.

just because they don’t like the book doesn’t warrant the need to ban it for everyone.

and “1984”??? c’mon, that book is awesome!

I would just love to hear there reasoning!

x2

wtf that so would of saved me a shit load of money in cliff notes…

thats just ridiculous…people have gotten to be pansy’s. The problem is, parents dont want to take responsibility for their kids actions, so when their kids mess up, they look for anything they can to blame it on, like books, movies and music. If you cant teach your kid the difference between fact and fiction, real and fake, and good and bad…you shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

They should ban pittspeed.

They will when the Pittspeed novel comes out.

That makes me angry. I’ve read most of those books and a lot of them were REQUIRED in high school. In fact, I am in the middle of A Separate Peace right now and just finished Slaughterhouse 5.

Call of the Wild? It’s a book about a dog! What grounds could they possilby have for trying to ban that one.

Brave New World is one of my favorites, too. (If you like 1984, you have to read this one.)

I hope slaughterhouse 5 reads better than the movie. the movie wasn’t good.

Exactly, most of those books I read in highschool… and now for some reason they are bad? Seperate Peace is a great book! they have a movie on it too, I saw it one night late on TBS.

I never saw the movie but liked the book. All about the aftermath of the fire bombing of Dresden. And focussed a lot on an insane optometrist. Seems like it would be difficult to translate to a movie. I have read a few Vonnegut books over the last year and it’s cool the way his characters (like Kilgore Trout) overlap from book to book.

Naked Lunch was another one that the movie was nothing like the book. Although, I only made it about half way through the book and it got a little too weird even for me.

I’ll have to look for the movie. The book is about a 33 year old reflecting on his life at age 17. I read the book for the first time in high school. So, it is interesting to read it again at 33. My wife just happened to be reading it and I picked it up when she was done - not realizing that I read it once already.

Looks like they made it twice actually

i saw the older version

i think because (remember them talking about this when I was in high school) forgive me if im wrong but the one book. Has the psycho guy and he kills some girl. Its just how it was depicted could disturb a few people. Remember we also watched the movie after riding the book. We all had to get waivers sign by are parents to watch it

catch 22 is great

“1984” and “of mice and men” are great books, just like the rest of you guys said, its b.s.