Barrett-Jackson 2007 GT500 Results *2 pix*

$600,000!!! The auction was for the right to get the first production car off the assembly line made to the winner of the auctions specs, including signed sun visors by Edsel Ford and Mr. Shelby, a signed and customized tool chest, and a trip to SVT headquarters to see the building of the car.

too bad the cars :gay:

Im a big mustang fan, not that you can tell, but what are you talking about!? The only thing this car needs is different wheels and it is teh s3xy.

oh my… pants…

that car is gonna be worth a LOT of money

i personally think that the unlimited spending on cars is going to drop out soon bc the american econimy is bound to go into resession and no one will be willing to drop a mill on cars everyday as it is now…hello

nah, people will always have money to waste. Just not any of us :frowning:

:tdown: to that attitude

what do u mean?

Im just a firm believer of hard work and keeping a positive attitude

not everyone will be a billionaire, but hopefully some of us will

thats ben said as many times as people have said “the world is going to end” but it never proves to be true

these cars are like trading cards for the rich … one year they buy a car for 500,000 … the next year they resell it at BJ for 600,000 … just because everyone remembers it going for 500 last year …

the cars that go thru BJ will always retain their value, just like ancient egyptian artifacts will always have value

just scanning that i thought you said sell it for a BJ and $600,000…

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/nyias05/wallpaper/5.jpg

What kind of power does the beast have?

450BHP.

$600k? :open_mouth: These people are F#cking nutz. I’ll wait 6 months and save myself $558,000.

I only ment that i believe a lot of the car’s baught will not withhold their values… it just seems more like a fade right now with shows like pimp my ride…overhaulling etc. Look at the racing scene 30 years ago. Some ppl had built race/show cars and lots raced mucle cars down on tift street. Now there are 200 times the amount of racers out there customizing their cars. Its kinda like coffee fades and fashion. It just goes threw changes, if u noticed the “coolness” of starbucks… cars right now are “cool” thats all that i meant… i believe that hard work will earn good wages and thats why im currently going to school but i just think the values held by cars are at a top right now. After gone in 60 seconds was made the price of gt500’s rose by 200%. Idk

:word: and you’re right. Usually I am more possitive. I guess i’m a little bitter that i dont have something fun right now :frowning:

most of the cars sold at BJ are rare cars. There is a difference between a 1950 car with only 5 left in the world and a 1995 car with 1.3million driving around. Most of those cars will only go up in value as they become more and more rare.
Also for a lot of the people these are the dream cars they wanted back when they were in highschool, or actually owned back in highschool. So to them there is no price to finally owning their dream car or bring back old memories.