Hi, I just purchased the following:
PCV Valve
Thermostat
Water Temperature Sender
Air Filter
Distributor Cap & Rotor

Need to purchase:
Plugs & Wires

I was wondering if anyone good with KA24DE’s (I have a 1993 Nissan 240SX automatic hatch) could help me out and teach me how to install some of these basic things, I could try doing some of the easier things myself (e.g. air filter…), but I’d rather have someone teach me new things about my car.

Also, I’ve read how much of a bitch it is to do the PCV valve, so that one is optional lol.

I bought these parts cuz my KA24DE is getting shitty mileage and seems to be running rich. It has a bit of hesitation at 1600-1700rpm, nowhere else, so I was thinking possible vacuum leak?

Anyways, I live on Sheppard & Pharmacy, so if anyone’s in the area and would like to help a fellow 240 owner, that would be great. BTW I’m willing to pay for a job if it requires labour, such as the PCV valve or a diagnosis of what’s wrong.

Thanks for reading, I hope someone knowledgeable lives nearby, plus if you can, bring your 240, it’ll be an interesting experience for me lol, I’ve sat in only 1 S13 ever, which is the one I bought.

buy a chilton manual and download the FSM.

The most important components to change when ur getting bad fuel economy is the o2 sensor and spark plugs

wires and plugs are straight forward. just use dielectric gresse (put like a pea sizzed drop in the neck of the wires; the side that connects to the plug so when you put it on the plug it coats the electric contact points without making a mess)
do fuel filter, very straight forward, unbolt and replace with new one, when you have a new filter in your hand just a quick look at the engine bay will point it out to you.(pass side strut tower)

do your oil aswell… highly recommended.

Dizzy cap and rotor can be a whore ive heard aswell… have someone experianced do that for you or you may be creating a “HELP” thread