fuel mileage

my car gets the worst fuel mileage in the world. about 300 and some to a tank. im willing to hear any suggestions to fix this.

check for fuel leaks
replace ur O2 sensor
Replace cap and rotor, plugs and wires
get a new fuel filter…recomend the 300zx fuel filter

If still ur getting bad mileage replace ur temperature sensor, i forget what its called, Lith knows exactly. But it makes ur car run rich untill its warmed up. if this is gone ur car is always running rich

One thing before u replace shit, is ur car blowing black smoke? if so its rich and all the ignition stuff needs to be looked after

If in the end none of this works, or if u want to. You could always take ur fuel rail off and check the injectors for leaks.

Its alot of just mateniance shit u should have allready replaced. A new O2 sensor is only 25 bucks i reccoment replacing that first

thanks how often should i "Replace cap and rotor, plugs and wires ". and my fuel filter is brand new. and no black smoke. although i smell this funny smell often. i dunno what it is. only when i am giving it. and where would i find a o2 sensor?

well ur cats probably gone then. its probably clogged. Personally i dont beleive in replace this then, and that at this time. when somethings gone, or going u need to replace it… Keep good matenience on ur engine. It also depends how u drive ur car

as for cap rotor and plugs u can go to CT. Get NGK’s for plugs. Dont cheap out get the better plug aswell.

But ya, if u get a smell could be ur cat, get it tested

Thats actually pretty good to what i get…but then again i cant drive anywhere without my clutch slipping. If youve never had a new clutch put in that may be a factor.