car gas mileage really bad

for some reason the mileage on my 89 240sx is really bad…
i fill up around 50L gas…and it barely gets to 430KM

this is not good, especially when the car is standard.

what might be the problem here?

I do see some white smoke comming from exaust, but thats only when the engine is cold…

also when i m decelarating, the exaust backfires…anyone know why?

plz advice…

:anal

replace the fuel filter,spark plugs,o2 sensor and throw in some injector cleaner and see if it helps

Word. Has your o2 sensor been recently changed? Thats usually the culprit, especially when you have 280k on your engine.

430 km to a tank isnt even all that bad for a 240. but o2 sensor, air filter and fuel filter would be a good start to improve it. city driving i only get about 400-450 per tank, highway is about 550.

what is good mileage for a ka24de with 250k km’s on it? One of my 02 sensors is hooped (no harness to connect to) and i’m getting a little over 600km a tank on the highway. NA MT. . .

Hahaha got over 550 with my last tank with the SR.

You know your engine is boosted right? lol I’m happy if I get 350. :thumb

Yeah I’m usually getting around 500 when I drive it hard. No matter how hard I drive it, I never get less than 480.

Fucked up my clutch foot though so it hardly saw boost for the last half a tank this time.

To the thread starter, your mileage sounds good for city driving. Dave, you need to let me drive your car and “fix” your excessive mileage problem. I remember seeing 325-450 in the city.

i hit 370 ish km MAX in the city with SR (the most i’ve pushed it), then again my fuel gauge is my trip meter :roll:

I am around 400 per tank at 14psi with a small fuel leak.

The most i ever got was 550 at 14 psi drving it decently.

And that is with an ethanol blended gas, husky 94.

i get 400 in the city, and 300 after any track event.

I get around approx 400km on the highway with my boosted ka24de, but in the city it’s horrible, like 300-350km per tank(mostly because I’m running stupid rich at idle, and all the stop and go driving kills it).

My average for the KA24DE is around 400-450 a tank, so you sound on par.

I’ve been getting 450-500 on the highway outta my CA, 400-450 in town.

i just got around 450 km on my ka24de with one drift day in there and no highway

I only got 450km a tank with my KA my Sr get 300 but I am running stupid rich.

You uys and your whining, I get like 280 to a tank in my car :slight_smile: but i has a massive exhaust leak and straight fuel is comming out my ehaust

i should really get that fixed

The exhaust leak shouldn’t fix that problem.