basic tuning question

i just put a t28 on my sr and i was wondering when i turn up the boost do i have to adjust my fuel pressure at all :? or can i do everything with my safcII and wideband

at 14 ps1 how much horsepower do u guys think i would get out of my redtop? stock motor mostly um t28 ballbearing(i think drives, like it) 3" from turbo right back , fuel pressure regulator, front mount intercooler, walbro 255

You can do it on your safc.

not without larger injectors.

you didn’t explain your whole setup, but 14psi with a T28 on an SR will:
a) peg your MAF at 100%. Z32 maf or similar required.
or
b) blow your motor with detonation. you need 450cc injectors & an FPR at the minimum. 550cc’s are recommended.

piggyback or Eprom the ECU… a SAFC alone will do next to nothing to help. A moderate increase in Injector size OR a fuel pump and FPR re baselined to a high pressure will also do te same thing with OEM injectors. A ‘larger maf’ will work to free up flow and if an upgrade in MAF size is not included in an Eprom reflash then this is where the SAFC is suppose to be used.

best bet, piggyback, +1 cooler plugs and fuel upgrades.

Your engine output is simply going to be a guess, go to a dyno and get it done… after you upgrade. If you are running the OEM IC setup on the SR then don’t expect amazing things.

thanks for the usefull info. I have a q45 maf so i will put that in tonight or on the weekend.

I am a little concerned about my injectors but i think the best i can do for now is 450cc

not without larger injectors.

you didn’t explain your whole setup, but 14psi with a T28 on an SR will:
a) peg your MAF at 100%. Z32 maf or similar required.
or
b) blow your motor with detonation. you need 450cc injectors & an FPR at the minimum. 550cc’s are recommended.[/quote]

but if i turn up my fuel pressure wont that help a bit? i will turn the boost down also … maybe 11ps1