safe boost level?

whatw ould be a safe boost level and an ideal one for this setup. this is my first sr20det thats ive owned so pardon me if this is a noob question. i would rather be safe then sorry.

stock t25
hks 450cc injectors
fmic
walbro 255 fuel pump
300zx tt fuel filter
aftermarket air filter
hks bov
bings 3" turbo elbow
3" downpipe and test pipe
2.5" 5zigen cat back exhaust
cp racing 5 puck clutch

anybody running a similar setup? what bost levels are you running?

thanks guys

Why do you have 3" pre-cat and 2.5" post-cat? But about 10psi is a safe level.

Up the boost until you are just before where the compressor goes out of its efficiency range (1bar?). The stock t25 doesn’t make much power and the bottom end can definately handle whatever it can throw at it.

word

thanks guys

logik, the cat back was an old one off of one of my previous 240sx’s.

i wasn’t gunna let it go to waste.

ill make it adapt.

would 12 lbs be pushing it?

ive heard the t25 can withstand up to 14

what will the maf max out at?

maf maxes around 16.5 ish

run 15 psi

Your current limit is the turbo, you can go as high as the turbo will let you because everything else can hold more then that.

I ran 12lbs on my T25 without any issue… was alot more fun then @ 7lbs

I thought the MAF maxed out based on flow/hp and there was no way a T25 could out flow or create enough power to max out the MAF?

Reason I ask is because I’ve read many posts and even spoken with people who have ran their T25 as high as 20PSI and they never maxed out the MAF

If you run it over 12 daily, you’re asking for problems.

well at 14.7 ish psi on a t25 my maf was at 97 ish % depending on the weather

maf% useage is a good indicator of how well and powerfull your motor is running to an extent.

on a cold night its possible to max out the stock maf with a good strong setup, it feels similar to hitting speed cut.

please remember that there is pressure drop in an ic system.

so 14psi at the manifold may be 16 or 17 at the turbo. running 14psi is a bad idea. keep it below 1bar at the turbo.

I think about 10 psi should be good