battery and alarm

i changed the battery on my car and now it wont start i think it has something to do with the compustar alarm. does anyoneknow how to reset it? o rget the car working

I cant rem how to do it anyore as we discontinued the product. Now we got Shelby series alarms! their soo sick. Just go to www.cardecor.ca call them up tell them u changed the battery and it must have reset the alarm and starter? Im asuming u had romote start. The best guy to talk to is Kenny. He can do it with his eyes closed i just hope that he can help you over the phone rather than you coming down to Ridgeway in Mississauga. Hopefully that helps take it ez
-Devin

OOOo it was you that called,

Phil " my its me BUDDY"

Names are so much better,
I am glad that farmer get back to you.
Sorry I could not have offered more on the spot help

you sure you dont just have corrosion on the battery terminals and your not making a proper connection, clean them up and see what happens.

Hey Skinny,

I just did exactly the same thing to my car and have no problems.

I changed to a small miata battery with a compustar and have not had a hick-up. Perhaps the terminals are not connnected tightly or you knocked the big battery/chassis ground loose?!?

Most alarms go into “armed” mode when the voltage
is dropped (battery disconnected) then re connected.
Try hitting the unlock/disarm button and try starting it then.

afaik, the problem has already been fixed.

yah that was me. what a day. farmer helped me out big time it was working fine all day then i got stuck at a petro for like 45 min cuz it crapped on me again. so gay. thanks guys hehe. now i dont know what to do. hehe im worried im gonna get stranded again or not be able to lock my car haha.

Take it in to Altered sound and let farmer actually look at everything,

where did you get it installed???

i got a miata battery as well. but i needed my car to work asap so i just picked up an optima from walmart. the westco battery needs some manipulation of the wires etc to fit . plus i need somethign to mount that thing in tight. didnt have time to play with it i just needed one to work asap. heh. i figure i’ll use this until i have a chance to play with it.

shady place in scarb a few years ago. i doubt theyd cover anything. plus i dont wanna sit there all day to have them tell me theycant do anything. idd bring it to farmer but i live so far haha .

i got a miata battery as well. but i needed my car to work asap so i just picked up an optima from walmart. the westco battery needs some manipulation of the wires etc to fit . plus i need somethign to mount that thing in tight. didnt have time to play with it i just needed one to work asap. heh. i figure i’ll use this until i have a chance to play with it.[/quote]

If you are looking for a local solution to the Westco…go with a battery from East Penn Batteries. They have a big plant in Ajax. The miata battery is JUST larger than the Westco and I think I paid $126.xx for it. The termianls are also the right way around so it was literally a 30 second install.

EDIT – sorry, I miss read. I appears as if you already have the Westco…

yah i posted a link up in my want to buy thread about the eats penn batteries. where did u get yours from?