bearing help

hey,
so i have my s13 up on jack stands and i am getting a fair bit of play out of the front wheels on the horizantal axis of the wheels.this is on both sides. so i immediately thought wheel bearings. but when i went to check for play on the vertical axis was snug, no play at all.
does this sound like a bearing issue or something else to do with steering. ie worn out bushing, tierod ect…

btw i cant take my wheels off atm because i dont have the lug nut key. so it’s a pain in the ass to get a closer look, so wondering what you guys say this might be.

im thinking its not the bearings…

any thoughts

thanks nate

It could very well be the ball joint. Possibly the tie rod.

Easiest way to tell if you dont have very good visual acess is to grab the surrounding metal right around the ball joint and the tie rod(one at a time), then shake the wheel as you were doing. You should be able to feel the knocking throughout the arm/rod pretty well.

not a bearing,if it was ud be able to move the wheel in any direction.also you dont need to take the wheel off to know if it is a balljoint or rodend it might even be easier just for checking purposes…