Beaverun Time Trial - North Course - Sept 26/27

After almost 5 years I decided to take a break from parking lot racing and head back out on a road course. Beaverun’s time trial program has several dates this year, but I’m going to head out on the 25th. Just curious if anyone else is going. There are several requirements you have to meet, this isn’t a ordinary track day. You will be getting laps times via a transponder. KeithO made a post on RacePA about it that explains it a helva lot better than I can. I also added the link to beaverun’s forum on the matter.
http://www.beaverun.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

http://www.beaverun.com/racingseries/

I was talking to my Dad (oldguy) yesterday and he mentioned that some folk were having trouble finding information for BRA off the main BeaveRun site. So, the above is a link to the official site. Ain’t purdy but gets the job done, I suppose.

If you are looking to come to your first event as a Time Trialer, I recommend that you try to fulfill the requirements in advance if at all possible. It will make things easier for everyone. Just a recommendation.

In order to run the Time Trials, you must be approved by a BRA instructor as experienced enough to drive solo on the track. This “approval” could be anything from telling the Chief Instructor at BeaveRun (Chris Huffman) your experience to a ride along. Each person will have a different situation and I strongly recommend that any newbies contact Chris in advance to avoid any surprises.

In order to run in any run group, you will need a BRA license. The requirements for a license include a $30 fee and a form filled out by a doctor. If you have a current race license (SCCA, NASA, etc.) and saved your filled out forms, then this is OK, too. I never received any official-looking paperwork that looks like a license but it doesn’t appear to be a big deal.

In order to run in any run group, your car must have a BRA logbook. In order to receive a BRA logbook, your car must pass a annual tech inspection. While you can get a logbook and proper inspection the day of the event, you might want to consider contacting the BRA staff in advance to get tech done just to make your day more relaxing. While the tech inspection doesn’t take a brutally long time, you might find yourself in line if alot of folk trying to do this the day of the event. Not a big deal, just something to consider.

In order to run the event, you must have a BRA license, a logbook (to be signed at registration) and the registration form filled out when you arrive at the garage building for basic tech and registration in the morning. After registration. there is typically a driver’s meeting down by the timing and scoring tower (on the frontstraight)

I have heard that if you call the track directly with questions about BRA, you might get incorrect answers. Note that at the above link, there is also a sub-link to a forum especially for these events. If you have additional questions, I strongly encourage you guys to sign up at this site and post away.

I am in no way associated with these events officially. But as a consistent participant this year and hopefully next year, I have a vested interest in seeing these events succeed. If you are “on the fence” about these, I strongly encourage you to give it a try. At $75 per day for Time Trialing, this is an unbelieveable deal and a truly relaxing, enjoyable day at the track.

If you find yourself at an event and feeling a little lost, come find me - I’m in the Green 1997 Pontiac Trans Am registered in Time Trials and I will be glad to help.

wow, 75 dollars per day is pretty good. I might think about doing it next season

I’ll be there fro sho.

Just try to stay out of my way :jerkit:…no seriously, lord knows when my brakes will give out again lol. Actually I’m switching to Motul & race pads for this event, it SHOULD help out.

$75.00 !!! Thats a steal!!!

:kekegay: Prepare to get punted.

It will be a honor to race a HPDE champion such as yourself lol. I’m waiting for you to hit 3rd gear in vtack and end up in the trees yo!

About the $75 dollar thing. Apparently nobody has been really going to these things. Like TT turnouts have been in the single digits. But word is spreading around. I just think the best part of it is you get times so there is no bullshit if someone is faster or not.

I’ll be doing my best to get some other people to come. The hardest part is going to be the license restriction, logbook stuff, etc.

It has been a dream of mine to do that, but it will def take some time for me to get all that stuff.

So other than it being wet all weekend, this event was awesome! I managed to crank off a 1:15.5 in the semi-wet on the last session on Sunday. Got sweet on-board video of my civic & a driver I know in a E46 M3 going at it for a few laps. And if you wanna see me make a idiot move watch the end :rolleyes:

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j09G6VExBM”]YouTube - Beaverun TT chase - Civic vs. M3[/ame]

Just go right for HD, the rain + youtube’s normal quality make it tough to see anything.

that vid is awesome!!!

i love how you would catch the bmw in the tight sections!!

great vid minus the rain!!

did you have to have anything special done to your car for the event like (harness’s, extinguisher ect…)

To the M3’s credit if it was dry he’d probably get away from me a little easier. He was fighting some wheelspin off certian corners. Assuming its dry I might go back to their last one on Oct 31st & Nov 1st. You need to be approved for Beaverun’s level 3 driving group or SCCA, NASA, BMW club, etc racing licence. If you’d done a shitload of track days or several of the Wilson Circuit time trials, contact Chris Huff from beaverun and you can work with him on getting approved. Saftey wise long as you have working factory belts (harness & roll bars are encouraged but not required) your pretty much ok. You just have to wear long sleeves & pants. Beaverun could probably hook you up with a helmet, but if you own a autox helmet those usually work also.

Pictures from the event!

Some of you V8 guys know KeithO, even in the rain he whoops my ass lol.

Race group shots.

And me.

haha go KeithO ,nice shots!

I have to get on getting a liscence for that i NEED to run on a track!!!

you’re 03 Elantra would probably tear the track up.

How much track time do you get for $75? I’m curious how it compares to the 60-80 minutes you can get at a FOD for $170.

im 100% posative that my elantra has seen more time on an auto-x course than anything you have ever driven

They vary it for the two days, but it went down like this.

Saturday there were two 20 min practice sessions. I was the only car that stayed around for the comp runs, so rather than 5 laps they let me stay out there a little longer? I think it was however many laps I could put down in 10 mins. I went out twice for the comp runs btw.

Sunday with a few extra cars and two karts that showed up. They ran us three 15 min pratice sessions. Then the 5 lap comp runs, which we went out twice for (my spin was on the first one, second one was the only semi-dry conditions we got).

So the track time was decent for the money. Also for all your sessions your running a transponder, so you getting times directly off beaverun’s timing system.

that could be 3 seconds… point being?

point made you dont auto-x or track race you should get on that