Before and after

This car is in far too good shape for a rallyx beater. Thats what the other 95 or the 98 will be for. This one will most likely be host to another 2.4 turbo motor, or a silly n/a build. I’m not sure yet. In the meanwhile, I wanted to fix it up, so I could find and fix any other problems, so that its a good candidate for the swap.

–mark

wow big diff. :tup:

liar, you will never come to rallycross. :stuck_out_tongue:

It so close to NYI, its hard to chose the dirt over the traction compound! :gotme:

Another great way to remove rust is by, “electrolysis”. Done it in school, and once at home it works friggen amazing!

http://antique-engines.dickerson-design.com/electrol.asp

IF you dont feel like looking at the link, its just a stop at Wal Mart, Home Depot, ect. for a plastic tub, a battery charger, rebar, WASHING soda(NOT Baking soda), and water. Its an awsome way to get ride of rust completely.

BTW, wanna run that neon against my wagon?? lol. kidding

I’ll run the neon against the GP when i’m done :smiley:

OK…I remember your past neon build, so I know it wont be a slouch. My car isnt going to get any faster either so I’ll be a sitting duck. I got other cars to start on like ur pal John, Im pretty much done with FWD.

I should be myself, its such a boring platform, but being able to make 400+ whp for so cheap is a drug :frowning:

–mark

fuck that no more LS1 swapts is the apt garage

+1. No more of that shit. Neons are easy. Much better.

ah… thanks.

All of the rust removers use a strong acid (usually phosphoric) so make sure you wash that stuff off well before painting or re-using the parts.

Nice job on the clean up.

Worth noting, the car fired up today for the first time since I got it. It purred like a kitten. I replaced the fuel line, so there is no fuel leak there, but I have a small leak where I ripped an o-ring, so after I replace that, she should be good to go.

–mark

Car rips :slight_smile:

Compression test tonight:

190 , 195, 200, 190

if you need a battery i can hook ya up at advanced with 20% off, pm me if ya want. I work there, but its all the way in lackawana

Thanks, but I have the alternator hooked up now, and I am using an optima redtop.

I got my money on the E30 pulling this heap.