Before and after

Here is the day I bought the car…

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/Paulysplitx/P5270030.jpg

and then a little bit of my TLC later…

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1012/765386072_41a77ff298_b.jpg

I still haven’t even washed the car yet, let alone wiped down under the hood, but I did remove most of the unnecessary parts, and re-paint anything that was rusty, after I removed the rust. The battery still needs to be relocated, or cleaned much better, but it is quite the improvement here!

–mark

Proof that you can polish a turd.

j/k :slight_smile:

lol

A very very very stinky turd :slight_smile:

Did you repaint the fuel rail?

I repainted a bunch of things, fuel rail, valve cover, egr blockoffs, radiator mounts, coil bracket mount, throttle cable bracket. Before painting came the ridiculous amount of wire brushing and cleaning though, as well as re-taping all of the threads everywhere.

The only thing new under the hood is the head, I re-used everything else.

–mark

Nice job. Cleaning up a neglected engine is a real PITA job.

I’m lost. Did the new head make it run or run better? Or were you really just polishing a turd?

oh man… you need to throw that siqq “CAI” back on there!

JK nice work.

The head was replaced because 8 valves were smashed, and stuck open. And it started out as a joke, but the car really isn’t much of a turd, its in pretty good condition.

hehe, yeah, “hot air intake” actually. This will be getting a 3.0L intake.

Cool. Definitely way cleaner now.

there is this rust remover shit that autozone has. i poured that shit into a half gallon container i cut in half, and have been soaking all my nuts, bolts, and small parts in (from the integra). best 8 dollars i ever spent.

just a heads up in case you decide to take this apart again.

looks a lot cleaner :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t happen to be called “Naval Jelly” would it? I bought some of that and was AMAZED at how well it stripped rust. The e-brake adjustment on the Fiero is under the rear bumper, and was rusted so bad I thought it would never move. Slathered some of that stuff on there, came back in 20 minutes, and after 2 minutes with a wire brush it looked like new.

nope, but that shit is amazing as well.

its a clear/yellowish liquid that came in a small white jug

edit:
where did you pick up the naval jell? i havent been able to find it around (its what i was looking for when i found this shit)

pepboys and most boat stores have naval jelly

Yeah, i did it the old fashioned way , boo :frowning:

It def. can be…

rallyX beater?

I miss my DOHC coupe.

well. not really.