Best cruising music?

Sorry if this is a repost but just looking to see what people think the best music to listen to when you’re just cruisin around.

just choose a number when reply with a post.

i mostly listen to #1 and 6 when driving, i think it’s perfect for crusin’…especially coldplay, man the speed of sound and talk are the best songs in the world

1. House/dance/techno
    ex. Engelina, Paul Van Dyke, Paul Oakenfold…etc

2. RnB/rap
    ex. Jayz, Kardy, Mariah…etc

3. Hip Pop/country
    ex. Shania Twain, J Lo, …etc

4. Soca/reggae/dancehall
    ex. Machel Montano, Sean Paul, Bob marley…

5. Latin/reggaeton
    ex. Daddy yankee, Pitbull…

6. Soft music? (dont know the category)
    ex. Coldplay, The Fray, the killers…

really depends on my mood…
normally i will listen t rap/hiphop and if i have something on my mind i will listen to some alternative or some harder stuff. I love audioslave and most rap.

-Matt

i took my stereo out of the car I must be getting old, but really the best music is the sound of the engine rev :slight_smile:

haha true!

It sure is nice, but it gets anoying not having a radio on a DD. I listen to whatever CD i put in, which would be either trance, rap or some metal for when I feel like going fast.

Trance/house

Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, Tocadisco… etc etc.

Definalty gotta go with some hardcore rap…lil jon usually does the trick.

cool guys, i hear ya man…wen u want to go fast like ricky boobie u gotta hear somethin that gets ur adrenaline pumpin like some engelina

I just re-bought Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream and have been chilling out to those wicked tunes the past few days.
Other main-stays for cruising are:

Alice in Chains
RATM
Pink Floyd :wink:

I have XM in my work truck and at home, so it’s usually the 90’s, alternative or the house and rap stations. definitely not commercials anyways…

My all time favorite cruising album is The Crystal Method - Tweekend.

but normally i just burn a MP3 CD of random songs from my computer or fill up my MP3 player. the music depends on the type of cruise, mellow music for a cruise and fast paced stuff for a spirited rip.

some of what I listen to: http://moredhel.net/music/mp3.html

I like listening to Vivaldi, and pretend to conduct.

DFA1979 is great for a nice fast boonie run.
If I’m just cruising trying to make smooth transitions then jazz is great.

cruzin just hip hop, cruzing with the windows down- down town listen to whatever embaresses Heather, hard driving i listen to rock, hard rock, highways is usually dance,

hell it even depends on the time of day, morning is usually something that hypes me up, afternoon softer and slower to make it seem longer, evening/sunset old school, night time is for the gangsta shit

Haha that pretty much summs it up for me too man… you hit it right on there! except for the heather part… she plays whatever she wants in my car :wink: …er, ah… I gotta go now (put that crowbar down!)

im only going tosay this once

oceans 12 soundtrack

get it now

you’ll be snooping around toronto in a totally different way

lol haha i know what u mean

3/4’s of the time it’s just the good ol’ engine!

The rest of the time i’ll throw in anything…rock/rap/jungle/Edge102, you name it - depends on the mood.

I’ll have to check out the Ocean’s 12 soundtrack!

WOO JAZZ!!!

Also, if you’re into DFA, they split up a few months ago BUT Jesse (the bassist/keyboardist/whateverist) started a side project a while back called Mastrcrft – pronounced ‘Mastercraft’, which is his full fledged band project now, and REALLY good to boot!

Hmm…

My Go fast music includes - Upbeat jay chou (Dad i’m back, ninja, drifting, etc.)
My Go slow music includes - soft, poppy jay chou (counterclockwise, heading north, etc.)