Best fan/rad combo?

Allright so im looking at purchasing a new Rad for sure something that cools a bit better. I think im still running a bit hot. Currently i have SR20DE rad with dual electric fans. The fans actually work really well but i think the rad needs to be upgraded.

What is everyone else running? Im looking for something that isnt a fortune but performs well.

Craig

I heard that Koyo’s are good, I know a few members that are currently using them!!

Yaa i have actually heard alot about them. They go for around 300-350 US. Maybe i just need to suck it up but it seems like alot for a rad. By the time it is at my door it would be over 500 CAN i bet.

yeah, the KOYO rads are asume. a buddy of mine just put his in, and he no longer over heats at all. and then are BIG, and alluminum, very good quality, well worth the money.

I think it was a member on here said that either Speedtech or Autodreams stocks these rads and it was for about $350 - 450 CDN. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!! Worth a shot to give all the places a call anyway to find out for sure!!

Fluidyne is better than KOYO. Koyo is made in Malasia or some shit.

I worked with a welder from malaysia. He was awesome. Did super nice work. I really don’t care where a product comes from if it was done well and on a rad if it doesn’t leak well thats all that matters. A good weld is a good weld wether it is from Pakistan or from Canada.

My Koyo works great, looks nice too. I have a 2800cfm elec fan behind it which seems to do the job as well, I forget what brand it is.

Don’t diss Malaysia! They pump out high quality Hot Wheels cars.

I’ve only heard really good things about Flexalite fans…

So Koyo or Fluidyne are best bets? Has to be others out there…

Griffin make good rads, cheaper than Koyo too I beleive.

You could also try a h22 honda prelude rad, that’ll work.

I have a koyo and LOVE it.

Stopped on the highway in 30+ heat and the temperture did not even rise 1bit. And this is with a 10 inch cheapo fan behind it (think i payed 45 new from MOPAC).

Fluidyne is about another 100-150 more than the koyo.

Don’t diss Malaysia! They pump out high quality Hot Wheels cars.

[/quote]

Word! i got my bov, suspension and little turbo goodies from there, used parts but cheaper than buying used stuff here.

oh yeh, i’m using stock sr rad+fan.

I"m using a stock aluminum 1 core rad with two 12" fans w/thermostat and has never overheated

Think im going to look into having one custom made. I was talking to a buddy who previously sold his 240 about it and he got a good deal on a thick custom made one. Lowered his temp huge driving and idleing and was cheaper.

Craig

mmmm custom