Cooling Setup!!

Hey, i was checking out the whole FAQ the forum has on cooling for an sr swap…Anyways it says

– For maximum cooling, the C&R Double Pass with 16” SPAL High Profile fan and ducting cannot be beat. –

sounds like the way to go but i was looking to get

– KOYO Aluminum Racing Radiator, Nissan S14 w/ SR20DET & Altima fans –

would you say my the KOYO & ALTIMA would be just as good as the C&R + 16"spal or should i just get what they said is the best for maximum coolin…??

THANKS

The Koyo and Altima fans should be more than you need.

Most people on here are running koyo rads and various electrical fans.

well i have been looking into the current setups just tryin to find the best so i dont really have to upgrade to much later when i go bigger HP but ya the koyo and altima is what i was looking at!

so my question now is HOW MUCH FOR THE RAD!!! :slight_smile:

the koyo will run you abuot $400-$450 depending where you grab it from.

the C&R’s are amazing but only REQUIRED for a serious application as I believe they’re intended for off-road “race” use… or something to that effect.

That’s what I bought… haven’t had a chance to try it yet :frowning:

The altima fans should do you well, no personal experience but I hear they get the job done well.

Might not hurt to hit up Performance Improvements and grab a $50 fan controller also.

so my question now is HOW MUCH FOR THE RAD!!! :)[/quote]

I’ll PM you now.

In all honesty, you shouldn’t need an aftermarket rad if your cooling system is functioning properly. Even more to the point, your cooling system should be adequate with a stock fan and rad setup as long as your rad air is shrouded.

While this applies for street used, hard track use could require a better fan, but for the street it’s not needed.

Most people use the aftermarket stuff as a quick fix for underlying issues like poor or no fan shrouding.

A bit of water wetter, a 75/25 water/coolant mix and you should be fine with the stock setup.

My rad is horrifically plugged yet I never have any overheating issues after going with a higher water to coolant ratio and water wetter.