new rad for a 89 s13 with a ca18det??

as stated above im looking for an upgrade for my oem seeping rad it is comparable to the rb20 …not an sr , the outlets are different lol any recomendations looking to spend around 400, give or take

i have a oem ca18det rad 78,000 km’s on it works fine

i will let it go cheap

if your interested give me a ring

If you’re willing to pay $400 then get a Koyo, I just installed one in my silvia and all my heating issues went away!

btw you can also use the rad from a KA.

an S14 for 2X thickness

is a s14 a direct drop in replacement?? i have an electric fan on the way to so im not worried about shroud fitting etc…

I’m pretty sure its just 2X as thick. not sure if the feet/pegs line up perfect or not, but I think its nearly if not the exact same dimesions as S13

fair enough, guess its something to look into … im anticipating apretty warm summer so i wanna go better than oem… liking the koyo ones :slight_smile: just to get it staight… ca18, ka, and rb rads are all completely interchangable???

or duct your rad. and buy mine

I bought a used S14 rad but discovered that the ‘pins’ that you mount it with are NOT in the same place as the S13 rads…
You could fab something up.
But, if yo relaly are willing to spend $400 then just buy the Koyo.
I got mine from s14_2nv.

Use the shroud, even with the Koyo, when and IF I ever purchase one I will integrate the OEM shroud irregardless of electric fans.

Also, I found the OEM shroud that goes under the rad to the front cross member helps as well.

Are you running the stock clutch fan?

yea i still have all the plastic shrouding for underneath :slight_smile: and if u mean just removing the blade and leavin the clutch there yea that was my intentions… but browsing around the net for rads rite now so im gonna have to be patient… im looking at ebay koyo rads for like 300 ish any other recomendations ? shop?

take the clutch off the fan too, it’s not that hard.

i replaced my rad with a KOYO OEM replacement rad for an S13 KA. i bought Altima fans and a $30 thermoswitch. the altima fan shroud is huge though, you need to trim the sides with a cut off wheel, or aviation snips. i used the snips.

i’ve never had cooling problems since. just make sure the stock under valence is there. it traps air from re-directing under the rad and under the car.

Thanks for the info!

Schwin, even use the shroud that connects to the radiator as well as the one under the car. I’d also consider keeping the fan attached to the motor however I’ve run my KA’s without the fans for years… until i put it back on 2 weeks ago.

Here was my situation (stock KA). I removed the fan (and clutch) and the undershroud was off the car. Last year my rad blew and I put in a used replacement which didn’t seem to cool my car enough. One hot day in August (picking up my SA3’s) my car was overheating and I was worried about getting home since it was stop and go traffic and 26deg outside. This year, 3 weeks ago we had a +20C day and my coolant resivoir started to fillup with coolant; I could hear it bubbling up. So I put all my stock cooling accessories back on and it’s awesome.

I never had any cooling issues. Running a koyo, dual flex-a-lites and a nismo rad cap. I can’t remember any more but I think its for every 1psi in the system you increase the boiling point 3 degree’s. We’ll see this year though, after I get the CA18 back together.