Best IPhone compeditor?

Bottom line is this :

A phone is a phone primarily. Everything else is secondary.

If you want an ipod that can make calls, buy an iPhone.

If you want a phone that is a great PDA and manages e-mails well - buy a blackberry

If you want a PDA that has more software available for it than PS3 has game titles - buy a WM phone.

I <3 my blackberry, 8830s with SD cards rock out even more, because they play everything (video, MP3) and they are rock solid in terms of OS, plus, the phone is clear.

thing i hate about my iPhone is that… THERE IS NO FUCKING COPY AND PASTE!!

Yea well thats what you get. I just sold 3 iPhones and i dont even like them. Personally id rock a nokia e70 or N95

[quote=“JayS,post:59,topic:35172"”]

That’s not real confidence inspiring.

[/quote]

yea the 3g doesn’t cover too much. I just moved so this is my coverage map. Which it looks better than Buffalo.

I’m just north of Rock Hill

[quote=“catalyst,post:60,topic:35172"”]

Do you think they will force an update though? Seems like a lot of people, especially foreign, plan to not update until it is confirmed that the ‘hacks’ still work. Are you talking about OTA updates?

[/quote]

nah that’s one of the decent things about it so far

You can only dl software on it thru iTunes, including updates, unless you hack it (so far)

And the copy paste is annoying. Hopefully they add it in a future update

What’s a good 3G BB? do they exist? 8830 seems to be verizon only. I was considering a BJ, but its nice to see BBs getting smaller, that has always been my #1 complaint.

i hate my 6700… BUT… now i’m getting a 6800 :slight_smile:

I’m debating picking up an iphone now that I can use it on t-mobile (my current carrier) instead of being forced into a two year contract w/ at&t.

[quote=“walter,post:66,topic:35172"”]

What’s a good 3G BB? do they exist? 8830 seems to be verizon only. I was considering a BJ, but its nice to see BBs getting smaller, that has always been my #1 complaint.

[/quote]

they have the curve on ATT

[quote=“walter,post:66,topic:35172"”]

[/quote]

8830 is on all carriers I thought? it is at least on sprint and vzw

[quote=“catalyst,post:60,topic:35172"”]

Do you think they will force an update though? Seems like a lot of people, especially foreign, plan to not update until it is confirmed that the ‘hacks’ still work. Are you talking about OTA updates?

[/quote]

I doubt it will be forced, but its likely that they will be making updates that you won’t want to pass up including PUSH Email support, etc.

[quote=“chino,post:70,topic:35172"”]

8830 is on all carriers I thought? it is at least on sprint and vzw

[/quote]

8800 = att, tmo

8830 = vzw

8820 (soon) = tmo

[quote=“66impalass,post:69,topic:35172"”]

they have the curve on ATT

[/quote]

curve > 8830

much better keyboard