best place to get your motorcycle licence

It is actually easier to do the course and pass if you use the rebel, low seat height helps a lot for anyone who is literally new to the concept of riding motorcycle. I picked the only EX250 there since I already decided to get one myself, might as well learn to ride on it.

…and I suck at that figure 8 thing during the “test”, I had to put my foot down once. :haha:'(:rofl

The rebel was a nightmare for me I could not ride that thing.

That’s what I’m saying. The low speed stuff is easier on the rebel but it is infinitely more fun on that ninja 250. I beat that thing like it was my wife.

i used a suzuki DR (200?) when i took the course. so fun

When I took it back in 09, they have a Qlink dirt bike, but no one picked it.

The hvcc course is such horse shit. If you want to ride the rules should be the same as they are for a motor vehicle - get your permit, learn how to ride, and then get your license.

It’s bullshit to take the course because it gives you a false sense of accomplishment. My friend who dumped my supermoto while sitting on it motionless with the engine off passed the hvcc course. I rest my case.

They have a new bike now too. 2012 Suzuki TU250x
I used this bike. It was a lot of fun. I was takin turns just as hard as the kid on the Ninja

I agree to some degree. I was also puzzled by this when I learned about taking the MSF course will waive the road test. It is actually kind of dangerous if you have zero real road traffic experience, but it could be due to in North America most people have their drivers license by 16.

My bro recent got his M class in Asia and in order to get the license, you have to pass a “Technical” test and a “Road” Test; which I think that is how all motorcycle test should be structured.

in june schoharie dmv will be back in schoharie at the original location.

im saying, like if they tell me “do you a left hand turn onto so and so street”… I start to drive and im coming up on the turn, i see absolutely no sign of a car in sight, can i just turn without stopping, or do I have to actually stop completely, look like im looking for traffic and then turn?

As long as their isn’t a stop sign or light that is considered a “judgement call” as far as that goes I would only go if there in fact is NO car in sight, because your judgement of a safe distance from a car coming and the instructors might be totally different.

Took mine about 7 years ago in Schenectady. Had zero issues. Took 10 minutes

Anything in particular they focused on?

Yeah, your riding.

Took mine in Troy last year, too easy. Lady watched my figure 8 like a hawk lol

I had to do 2 figure 8’s. he wasn’t paying attention when I did the first one. I then went aroun the block and was done.

anyone can ride, im worried about stupid technical shit like looking in my mirror and then looking in back after i just fuckin looked in my mirror lol… Also as stated before making a turn, if theres no one in sight, if i have to actually stop lol or if i can go.

Have somebody with a truck follow you so nobody gets in the way. Also the horn will be louder. For riding, just be safe (like you should ride anyway) and ride like you’re towing a 50 foot trailer behind you. You’ll be fine

I took it on a motard, she gave me that entire intersection on browser st to do the figure 8. I did it in one lane, haha. Passed right after that

I way over thought the test, was simple… had to make 3 rights to get back onto the street i started at and then do circles and eights… passed no problem.

Guy before me failed tho lol