Best Renters Insurance?

Any suggestions? I already got a quote from Geico and wasn’t super impressed.

what was your quote?

I paid about $100 for the 10 months that I lived in Ivybrook. I forgot who it was through though.

Call Jeff at 836-2145. He’s an independent insurance agent and really does work to get you the best rates. He might not be able to beat every company out there, but he will try. Plus if you ever need to use it, he’ll do everything for you. Not like Geico that makes you do all the grunt work.

ALLSTATE i will hook u up with a quote if you like

state farm was $60 every 6 months in rochester

ok it will be about 80 bucks a year through me

[quote=“66impalass,post:6,topic:33281"”]

state farm was $60 every 6 months in rochester

[/quote]

Yep i paid 120 for a 1 yr policy with state farm and it covers me up to 25000 so i guess its decent for duplex living

I got it through unitrin direct, i think it was around $100 as well.

What are the advantages of renters insurance?

Basically if you have a fire or some other natural disaster that you are covered to the amount the policy states( clothing electronics, jewelry so on) . You prob dont really realize how much shit you own until you get a rough tally on what you have , I was shocked when i did my assesment of what i own. Also covers robberies, and stupid people gettin hurt on your property its like homeowners but with renters / replacing home owners.

Advantage, Being that your not SOL if something catastropic happens and you lose everything you own. It basically helps you to not start over with nothing in your life, you can replace your belongings with new ones except those that really mean something to you.

Example, My bro and sis in law had a fire at the house they were renting, they lost pretty much everything, a few things were able to save but all their clothes housewares,and electronics were gone. They DID NOT have renters ins and had to start all over again. Had they had renters they would have been able to get that assistance to get back up and going again. SO DEFINATELY GET IT, You may not think something can happen and odds are it might not, but for $120 a year 10 a month ill keep my ass covered. You never know what can happen and when.

I have Allstate and its about $140/year, and my place is pretty big. Their rates are based primarily on the number of rooms you have, and then estimate the average value of the contents. Additional coverage for very high dollar items isnt much more.

Was I the only one that seen $80 A YEAR from that one guy? Shit I’d get it if it was that cheap

I forgot who it was, but I met him at Twisteds house and he gave me his card and we talked for a few… (speak up if you read this lol) his name was Steve and worked for Allstate over on Transit…

I have his card at home. I’m sure he can hook it up.