BFG G-force Drag Radial 1's

alright, so i bought some drag radials recently. and this is my little review of them.

150$ per each, 225-45-17, treadwear 00. available at tirerack.com shipped in 2 days

drove about 1000 miles on them. lots of hard use, a few track runs, many of a rolling burnout. they drove quite well, not loud, not really sure what the improvment was with them as my old street tires were spanked to begin with. once these are corded(maybe 100-200 more miles on them) i will be putting my favorite tire back on(michelin pilot sport PS2)

on the street: pump gas, rolling into boost in 2nd was easy wheel spin, even with the tires warm, on race gas, 24-25psi, 3rd gear would spin rolling into boost.
a couple weekends ago with hybrdthry and germanpsi i was messing around brake boosting on the highway with pump fuel and 22-23psi and letting off the brakes in 3rd i could get some wheel spin. FWD is pretty hopeless, regardless of what type of radial you have, unless on a low pressure, wrinkle wall slick.

at the track: i got a 2.1 60ft time with a small burnout, and 25psi of pressure in them. BFG says the lowest is 12psi to run, so im sure there was more in them. still a 2.1 isnt bad compared to the 2.4s i was getting on the spanked hankooks i had. i will try out the PS2s at the normal 30psi i use in my tires.
(mind you, this is on a junk VW 1.8t, with a medium turbo, nothing spectacular)

overall impressions:

i like the tires, i would buy them again, but not untili can keep dropping 320 shipped on tires for 1000-1500 miles at a time. but looking back, i should have just bought M&H Racemasters and mounted them on some 15s i have and stuck to street tires on my 17 inch wheels. gotta try them out though. FWD + DR’s isnt a good combo in my eyes. but for those interested in BFG G-Force DRs, these are a good tire if they are available in your size.

Same kinda review i have for drag radials. Street tires get blown off in 3d gear, when i had the radials they still spun in 3rd just for slightly less time. Not worth the money IMO. Also i went through my DR’s in like 700 miles

u guys both suck. :tongue

seriously FML

here, i made you mileage goons a thread. go to town

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=11252