bidge collapsed in Minneapolis

Ugh i can’t imagine how terrifying it must be to have a bridge you are on just collapse around you. Its one of my biggest fears when going on the skyway.

x2

edit: nice post count lol

LOL, we’re so baller

Makes me real excited for the new bridge(s) that are being put up for the new 219. I want to drive on a road with land under it, not cement and air. But hopefully this will assure double safety checks of the plans as they build.

Meh, that’s a new bridge. That wouldn’t concern me. It’s the old bridges that you need to worry about.

TERRORIST STOLE TEH R IN MUH BIDGE

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2152_images/0801072315_M_bridge24.jpg

Growing up near Minneapolis I’ve traveled that bridge several times…pretty wild that something like this has happened! Makes one wonder how many other structures out there are a timebomb waiting to go off:(

no kidding, im pretty cinfident around here cause every other day you hear about al vaughters grilling someone about a bridge being in disrepair.

Loose change will be all over this.
Did you see the video where it fell at both ends at the same time?:snky:
Where is Rosie on this one?:biglaugh:

Seriously though, with all of the millions of dollars in maintenance these things require year after year why just make them out of stainless steel and be done with it?
Pay me now or pay me later.
So what is the cost of this bridge now that it collapsed?!?!?!?

That is definitely something I don’t want to experience first hand.