I-35W Minneapolis bridge collapses

Into the Mississippi. I dont know if there is a link yet, just happened. Turn on CNN
3-7 Dead, they expect 60-ish cars in the water.

EDIT: Link is not up to date, but has a background story

wow :eek:

:wtf: There will many heads rolling on this one!:eek4:

it was Bush’s fault

dang!

holy crap taht is insane

i just saw that…it said 1 dead and aprox 50 cars…then i googled to find a video and when i signed back onto yahoo they updated to 6 dead.

crazy!

:owned:

Holy shit. I hate seeing this kind of thing happening.

“Pittsburgh has more bridges than any other city in the world—446 in total. [1]. The city’s proximity to three major rivers and countless hills and ravines has led to its becoming known as the City of Bridges.”

446! :scared:

At least the 31st street piece of shit bridge was closed before something like that happened.

Oh my god, can you even imagine being in one of those cars? How scary…

yeah, exactly…

bwahhhhhhh…someone is gettin sued

city will go bankrupt

That is insane!! I hope the dead count doesn’t go up.

I was at work all day just got to really watch the coverage. one thing that really looks stupid is the fact they have the gates on the lock and dam open just upstream of the site. now to me you would close them upstream and open down stream to lower the overal water level as well as the environmental issues with a constant flow of fast moving water to push contaminants down stream. but what do I know I dont make the money those engineers do…ohh wait who designed that bridge?

I hadn’t heard that they found the cause of the collapse already. (i’m being sarcastic… and defensive… :))

But yeah, you almost kind of hope that it was something like that and not something that was done by a terrorist.

George Bush doesn’t care about Minnesota Bridges.

They were saying on the news this morning that it had nothing to do with maintenance issues, which sounds eerily like ass covering to me. No way could they make that statement for sure already.

Here is some security camera footage. WOW

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=51365&sid=261171&bw=hi