ouch this weather sucks!

So I was driving across the bridge on Harlem that was closed 30 seconds after i crossed, and at about 20mph my truck did a 90 degree spin and bounced off the concrete barrier.

At first i was really pissed that i messed up my truck even more than it is, then i pulled over and looked at it, and there is no more than a tiny scratch on the bumper!! I mean real tiny like 2"x1/4" and just through the paint, not metal. I am beyond amazed. Had i been driving my other truck that is more like a car, i am sure the front end would have fallen off!!

:jam::jam: I am going to go have a beer and toast my truck for living to die another day

Damn that probably made you shat in your pants too huh. Atleast it was minor.

ugh

I’m coming home tommorow from two weeks of 60*-80* weather

Not looking foreword to it lol

word, this is retarded slippery out! I damn near fell on my ass a bunch of times while getting from the driveway into the house, the roads are REAL slick! I wouldnt go anywhere unless you absolutely had to!

Dont worry, we will save some ice for you! Maybe your power will be out too!

and no, i really wasn’t too scared of it, I can usually handle turning a car sideways, it was just that the front had no traction for me to turn in/out of it, and the rear had no push to make we be able to power out! I had 0 control, and that is all that scared me. Hitting something was just annoying, otherwise i have no qualms with spinning. I have done a 360 on the thruway when it was closed at about 50 without hitting anything or really slowing too much, but that was snow and i had better traction. The ice made this shitty!

I actually just skated from my truck to my front door like i was on a rink in sneakers, that is a lot of ice

I almost ate shit 3 times walking from work to my car. It’s terribly dangerous out. My friend tried to go to school tonight and she turned the fuck around and went home because there was a 4 car pile up on the corner of millersport and dodge with traffic at a standstill.

Weather is shit here in OP as well. It has been hailing since 4:45 or so and is finally starting to let up.

The roads were deffinately deceiving. I thought I broke my diff, I was getting impatient behind this 80’s Crapolier and dropped down to 2nd and nothing but wheel spin, let off and up shifted then in 3rd, then in 4th.

A couple times 5th was slipping @ 60. One “sweeper” got my attention.

I always play around with ABS and stopping was still o.k. so I was fucking with all the soccer moms in SUVs. Like crazy stuff like doing the speed limit casues them to pull over and let you by.

On my drive home at 5 the worst part was how fast the conditions would change. One minute it’s just wet road with lots of traction and 50 feet later on the same road it’s wet ice with 0 traction. I met an ambulance and a fire truck, probably going to that accident at millersport and dodge.

I was real glad to get off Klien and get onto the side streets because I was really worried some moron would rear end me not realizing they were on glare ice.

Sounds like I made it past there just in time. That said, fun drive home from the falls.

yeah… i had a 7pm class up at UB… not gonna happen :smiley:

Is it still bad out?

yes its fucking horrible

i just drove from cheektowaga to blackrock with zero issues. I didn’t think it was bad at all.

however 99% of the barrels @ the 198/33 split are smashed into nothingness. Just sand and yellow shards. Someone had a shitty commute.

The weather just dropped, it was starting to get better and now its cold as fuck.Its gonna suck pulling/installing a trans tomorrow it’ll be like 17 Degrees:mad:

yea its pretty shitty, mike do u know why they closed down harlem bridge? i was trying to run to home depot and I had to go ALL the way around

Its getting pretty bad in rochester too.

To many people going to slow on the thruway. I didn’t think it was bad at all?

33 was a damn parking lot on the 6pm commute. I got to see a 6 car pileup happen on the 190 when i was looking out my window in the HSBC center, that was amazing.