Big Brother 1984 could come to Pit

Couldn’t we just have like a 3 strike and you’re out rule. After that, we just put them out of their misery. It would save us a lot of time and money :bigthumb:

Right, but if you think about it, the government policies that are in place completely support the underworld of theft, drugs and gambling.

First…cash transactions are not tracked so, they cannot be taxed.
(We make an honest living, and half our check is gone right away)

Secondly…drugs come across both borders daily, and powerful people sell them. Those people almost never go to jail, just local dealers. I won’t get into minutia, just take it for what it’s worth. The guy driving the S class with 22s on it, isn’t really that wealthy.

Lastly, why recover, when there is such a huge safety net below? Now I’m not saying we should encourage the idea of letting people slip through the cracks and into the gutters, but there has to be incentive to work. If a $10/hr job nets you the same paycheck as welfare, and you could do either, wtf would you work? Honestly, when you can take the welfare check, stay home all day, and have time to make money from cash transactions, whether they be legal or illegal.

So I say this, there is drug trade and murder in prison, a pretty well regulated arena. How in the world do we think these things will stop out here? They won’t. The law abiders will once again get screwed, like they do everytime the government develops a new scheme.

We the working class will pay for the cameras with our tax dollars, we will get busted for speeding, running a redlight, parking in a red zone, etc, and pay fines. The criminals will have stolen license plates because they know about the cameras, which means we will probably have our plates stolen more often after the cameras are installed, and they won’t be busted nearly as often as the law abiding citizens who paid for the new program.

Increased government monitoring FTL.

/thread.

Nice, concise evaluation. Thank you.

Best (read: most frightening) quote from the article:
“It sounds like Big Brother, but do the society and the times dictate something like that?”

I still need to befriend a certain Mr. Kalash.

Been friends with Mr. Kalashnikov for several years now. A great associate. Mr. Simonov is another great friend of mine. I like hanging out with Kalashnikov and Simonov at the same time, they’re a great pair.