big luxury sedans

say someone were to consider the 3 following boats.

audi A8 W12
bmw 760
mercedes S65 AMG

It seems as though Audi/BMW and Mercedes are not even in the same ball park when it comes to performance figures. I guess Bentley is close but it in a different price bracket than all 3.

Body styling and interior style both go to Audi in my opinion. This is pure speculation but I have to assume the BMW probably beats out the other 2 in the drivers car category. It is really difficult to wrap my head around the massive power that the merk has. over 600hp and deep into the 700’s for tq. + a tune brings the power up nearly another 100hp! The audi and BMW have no aftermarket at all where the merk has a impressive following.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these cars. What did you like or hate about your experience?

looking 2006-2008 model years.

im just curious on why would you want such a monster?

after driving a few A8’s and 745’s I love them. They handle great (for their size) and are fantastic cruisers. It is hard to describe. I may have a buyer for my touareg and If it goes through I want something massive power again that is really comfy. As much as I am not really a fan of the S65 styling the performance figures are insane. My only fear with the audi is that it will me a bit boring to drive with its AWD always having grip.

edit: there is a chance I will just buy a house instead, but I have narrowed it down to a house or a car the size of a house

be careful buying big bodies like these out of warranty. That being said, I have a soft spot for A8s, they just have awesome presence imo along with all the high tech gadgetry and awd that audi is known for.

Why not buy cars that were 80k+ new out of warranty :slight_smile:

:scratch: :nuts: :uhh: :eyebrow: :eek4:

I couldn’t figure out which one was most appropriate, so I picked all of them.

But hey man, do what makes you happy…I recommend the house.

Buy a house with garage. If you’re gonna get driven poor at least have a few different rooms to cry in.

/thread

LOL

A8 or Phaeton. W12 sounds like a VR6 on roids.

Why pick a giant luxury sedan based on handling and performance? That’s like choosing a woman based on how much she can bench or how fast she can chug a beer. If you want to date a dude, just date a dude.

Just considering all of the factors

Audi S6 or S8 ?

because

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Audi_S6_Engine.JPG/250px-Audi_S6_Engine.JPG

I love big body cars… but not to own. I can’t think if any instance where I’d rather not just have an SUV.

… I have a soft spot for Bentley CGTs.

I know. Just being an ass. I’ve got a soft spot for big giant cars with big motors too, and if they don’t wallow around like pigs they’re that much better. I’ve always thought that a crown vic with flowmasters and some sort of stiffened up suspension would be a pretty cool guilty pleasure type ride. (i.e. I was really excited about the marauder when it came out.)

I’ve got nothing to add about these cars. Don’t know squat about them. Though a big benz will always be more pimp than a big bimmer or a big audi IMO.

LOL nice, I think you hit the ball on the head, some-dude. Haha

X…

All that power in a two wheel drive car is great if you like flashing lights.(traction control light)

I can’t vote until I know the years of the cars we’re talking about.

The current S-Class is getting dated, so is the 7. The Audi would be my choice if I had to pick brand new.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OD-AR441_AUDI1_DV_20120518021528.jpg

I only have limited experience with what I believe was a 745 or 750 and I never drove it. However, being a passenger in that was more comfortable than my bed and the ride was so smooth.