BIG REDS wanna be Nick Cage Build thread.

bring it to maaco theyll do you up right ah

from another thread. about a week ago.

OMG Big Red is going to be so mad at you!

:rofl

lol. quoted for truth.

o snap, let the shit start rollin in

what’s wrong with giving out the name of the shop doing the shady work? haha

Those motherfuckers

big red pm sent

im sorry to hear this dave. thats absolutely ridiculus that you have to go back and redo work you already had done prior to taking it to the shop let alone having to replace and refit a sideskirt!

you shouldve seen the 3 quotes my g-parents got to do thier 40’ monaco motorcoach after it was sideswiped by another

dude i dont give a fuck believe me if they dont pay for the side skirt, ill be taking them to small claims court AND ill post up all their info so you guys can have a field day with them

wow dude thats redic. hopefully he pays

Dave just have moffre paint it haha

holly shit dave, thats some bullshit kid

Sucks man, i heard about this but didnt know the situation til opening this thread. This is why in the auto world you have to build a relationship with people you trust your shit to.

IMO 5grand is a decent quote. I think theres alot more work to it than just mixing paint and spraying it though. You got the car close dave, but the job you would have received for 5grand isnt the job you’re expecting. Once they got that car into real primer and blocked you would have noticed a lot of minor imperfections that would have needed fixing etc… So 5grand for a perfect paintjob on this thing, is cheap as fuck, and its doubtful you could get that, anywhere.

oh and :+1 for vintage. Great guys, they do great work. Not where i bring my shit, but i would recommend them.

I have a guy from vintage and a guy from empire state chassis works coming to look at the car today. I also talked to a guy I used to work with at Ensign autobody that said he would help me do the rest of the work and paint it in his garage. So that might be the best choice.

Very sorry to hear the bad news Dave. I never would have thought them to act liek that I have knoen Dave for a ong time and I always saw him respect peoples shit. Whats the deal with the shop anyway? Is it Daves shop (is he the full owner) or is there a partner or something like that?

Empire painted Dawns car. IMHO they do good work but it took like 8 months to get a turbo installed and some paint… I wouldnt be waiting that long… Also i think $5K isnt bad at all!! I got my whole truck painted for $4500…

Best of luck to you man

In the world of automotive body shops, if they can get you in right away they’re the ones to avoid. Good body shops are always 8+ months out minimum. I know Pete at KTA/ERT is like that at the moment(1 yr lead time) but his work shows the time and cost into getting good work completed.

Dave this really is a shitty move on them. Even high humidity can destroy all the prep work and he should have known that from the start. Best of luck in getting that taken care of ASAP. I’d be going over that car with PPG 579 immediately if it were my car to halt that surface corrosion in its tracks.

Def one of my favorite builds of the forum, shitty to see it in hands like this… :frowning:

Yea id deff sucks. I just hope he agrees to pay for the new side skirts. If he doesn’t ill be taking him to small claims court for the side skirts AND the rust all over the car.

FUCK HIM IN HIS FUCKING ASS

Hahahah benny doin it big