BIG REDS wanna be Nick Cage Build thread.

yeah definitely change that out. it won’t rear its ugly head for a few weeks, then you’ll slowly start to notice the issues and hopefully catch it before it get’s real bad(like clogging filter/pickup while accelerating hard)

well it’s going to be tought to find a reinforced rubber 2.25" 90. What would have been nice is if it was 90 off the tank, then a straight piece of Rubber fuel hose could have been used, like this 2.25" I.D. Black Filler Hose, per foot - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Honestly what I would do is go to a parts store and tell them what you need to do/looking for and look for a large heater hose/rad hose that fits the size. It’s the proper material, just would need to be cut out and then any marking son it wiped off(brake cleaner)

That silicone is really not good and worth the time now to fix it right. I had to replace the entire fuel system on my dads diesel because the previous owner had repaired the filler tube with a piece of silicon coupler. Kept clogging filters, destroyed the lift pump(s), and coated the inside of the tank with silicone residue.

good idea with the radiator hose, ill drop by napa tomorrow

^I told him this yesterday, but I know nothing :lol.

dave what is the exhaust made of? it looks like mild steel to me. i would recomend you put some hi temp paint(or jet coat it, ballin) on it to prevent rusting on the welded parts were the coating was ground off. just so it looks nicer later on… if its SS then you can tell me to F**k off :slight_smile:

go to a marine supply store and get the 90 ya need man . they have all that shit there for them

good idea, hover the winter ill have to do that.

just got a major score on ebay. Ive been on the lookout for the correct steering wheel for the car. Like many other parts on the car they stopped making the correct wheel a few years back. The correct one is a french made 18 rivet mahogany moto lita wheel. They have since been replaced with a cheaper quality lecarra wheel. While very similar looking in person the lecarra wheel has a very cheap feel and the wood is very fake looking, compared to the better quality motolita wheel.

Correct wheel

http://67mustangblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/shelby-eleanor-1967-ford-mustang-fastback-deluxe-interieror-lecarra-mark-3-supereme-teardrop-wheel_french_front.JPG

replacement 9 rivet lecarra wheel

http://mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/images/Steering/ML-MK3Kit-New14.jpg

car looks amazing! and the correct wheel does look so much better. can’t wait to see this thing out on the street.

should be on the road next week, I have to wire up the fan and thats the last of mechanical stuff needed, then the rest of the stuff is cosmetic/interior stuff.

guna be done for lake george then?

i dont see why not

Gonna do a victory burn out?

do? maybe. try? yes

Fantastic. Just dont get caught like Dbag did. Or fall off another moving car

oh yea i completely forgot about the quattro “burnout” LOL

lol good times

he was PISSED

Was not a happy dbag

IIRC we were hammered and started calling the cop names( cholo, officer chodewhistle ext. ext)

Adam was a little under the influence and proceeded to throw doughnuts