Big thanks to John (88slomarro)

The 10-day inspection on the 996 ended on the 6th, so I needed an inspection ASAP, especially since it was beautiful out today. I called John yesterday to see if he’d be free to do it, but yesterday was not good for him. BUT, he told me to come in today (Sunday) and he’ll be able to inspect it for me. So I drive there, thinking everything’s gonna be dandy with the car, but for some reason, the OBD connector is not plugging in right, like it’s not connecting. John looks online to find a wiring diagram for it, and found one and everything was getting power. Weird. So the door on the car is open, and the radio is on… Then the radio goes to static. I go to start it… CLICKCLICK… The fucking battery is dead. So John brings out a charger to charge it up. I was getting pissed at the car at this moment because I start to think it wouldn’t be able to get inspected. Then I start it up after a few minutes of it on the charger… And it starts fine. I ask John something stupid, but it brings up a point to him, and we try it again. John holds the connecter to my OBD port and pushes in, and FINALLY it registers as it’s connected. SICK… The car’s inspected. Now I’m totally legal to drive it.

Big thanks goes out to John for helping a fellow Shift518 member out. +1 rep to him.

alot of times on the VW/Audis aftermarket headunits interfere with the OBD function, and they are hit or miss. once reason im keeping my stock stereo.

Werd. Fucked w/ my cruise control too.

hes good with helping members out

I need a inspection by the end of next month also…going to him as well.

John’s a good guy.

i need one too but i have a light on

John just did my car as well. Big thanks for that!

me too. im up in march.

mine’s been up since december on the teg and november on the civic

reported.

more than happy to help wit the car cossey ,the car is beautiful glad it all worked out .thank you for the props im more than willing to help anyone on here out as long as ya aint a dick so that leaves a few of ya out and ya know who ya are

john is a good guy, helped me out before as well, i dont think many people give him the credit though, maybe if he learned to spell??? lol im just busting your balls johnny drama

ill have to bring my cutlass up there in a month or so for inspection:thumbup

:vlad

i see how it is whats wrong wit ma spellin :lol

let me know

johnny Drama!! rofl that name is fitting.!!!
john’s good shit.

i had problems rubbing one out once and he cam right over and helped me polish a batch right off.

sorry about your eye !! ROFL

it was stuck for a few days but its cool now :thumbup,the johny drama nickname my boss gave to me :banghead

+1. Thanks J Drama

how was offroadin in the exp ???runs better now dont she:lol

Runs waaay better. Still havent driven it since I got it home, but will this week.