Big to Thin Questions

So Working on counting the whole calories, keeping the intake on 1500cal, no soda n shit like that. Doing well with exercise i guess, some situps and pushups and whatnot, but besides wasting money on a gym, anyone have any tips on how to lose belly weight quick or at least an effective way?

Before i started the whole calorie/exercise thing i was 250, after a week i’m 240, i know that’s excessive but that’s how it goes.

Any help is cool

Core excersizes… get a workout ball and work on everything with your core, lower back, abs, obliques, etc. I know with me, my “beergut” was caused more by horrible posture because my mid-section was very weak. As I started to train there I started to standup straighter and my beergut went away a lot because I was just standing properly. I’ve still got a layer of fat there, but it’s no-where near as pronounced as it was.

Word, so work on the core more. ha.

I do the whole brisk walking thing, i smoke a pack a day so a run is too much yet, but it helps.

Yeah attempting to lose the whole belly- tired of it and i’ts time for a change, just lookin for a way to speed things up

Time and energy… there’s no “quick” way to do it… unless you want to be really unhealthy and just starve yourself like some people do…

First way to speed things up, kick the smoking habit. You’ll be able to start running more efficiently, and thats one of the main components of weight loss. And as 97form said, core workouts, bench press, dumbbell workouts, various ab workouts and a change in eating habits.

Changing eating habits is a big factor- I didnt count any calories, and i was a stoner for a while, so it was if it looks good eat it- but with all that over with all i’m left with is stomach yuck.

So i stopped eating junk, stopped drinking anything but water, and just trying to go all gung ho on this.

I gotta cut down on cigs, but to be honest, they keep my appetite in check. So i grow concerned i’m gonna stop smokin and pick up eating more.

But when this stuff is all over i’m going to be smoke-free and trim, i want to lose 50+ and keep it off so i’ve got to hit the organic sections and alla that shit too.

I’m doing this for the healthyness, not the reason teenage girls do it, so i dont plan on starving myself, takin diet pills and throwing up, bitches(ahem i can name em) take that route, i want the way i’m doin it to be pain, and dedication like it should be.

you need to start eating healthy. There are a lot of food products that will help you lose weight faster.

Wheat bread instead of white bread
wheat pasta
all-natural peanut butter (the good type of fat)
sweet potatoes
turkey instead of beef
egg whites
Sugar free jelly

Without a GOOD diet, you will not be able to lose weight like you want to.

Also, concentrate on eating smaller portions. I know, for me, that I am obsessed with eating fast and cramming more food. So a big part of dieting was training myself to eat less food. Take smaller bites, put down the fork/sandwich in between bites. Drink more water between sips.

I agree- which is why i’ve gotten rid of the snacks i’ve clung to for so long, haha.

Has to be Whole Wheat bread/pasta

i havent done the change up from beef to turkey, but i’ve gone with less and more lean beef

Sugar free everything- i’ve been shopping and i’m checking the f&cking labels for calories, to keep myself under the limit

Havent done the egg whites thing, but havent eaten eggs since i started- I’ve seen ppl poke a hole to get just the whites, i’m goin to try this when i get a chance-

THE BIGGEST part of this, is not eating after 7pm. but slowly but surely i’m breaking that habit

lol @ wasting money on a gym.

so you’re doing it for “healthyness” but you don’t want to quit smoking because you might eat more? (you know you could eat “healthyfulness” snacks that wouldn’t be as “unhealthyfull” for you, which would be way more “healthyfullish” for you than smoking.)

i’m not trying to bash you, i just want you to do what will be best for you.

i need to start doing the same things you’re starting to do. i’m no health nut, but i should form better habits. thanks for the motivation. good luck dude.

Spending 40 bucks a month, i can do all the same shit at home , and i have a buddy with a home gym, so i’ts really unnecessary to waste my money on something like that.

Smoking cigs are appetite supressants, so when i’m hungry or i feel that desire , i have a cig, and altought it’s shredding my lungs and keeping myself from running without suffocating, i no longer have the desire to snack. so i’ts like beating a dead horse, but i digress.

I have a buddy who was an army ranger, he’s helping me out with ideas as well, and the biggest thing was “hating food”. You cant like it, because your not able to eat it, i cut out everything i liked, and me being a bigger fellow, i liked alot. The hardest part was just reassuring myself that i’m not going to be happy unless i make this change.

That and for the ladies. Bitches are shallow, we’ve seen that, shit, we deal with it here as well. i’m tired of putting up with it, and i’m goin to make a change for the better

smoke more, drink more (hardcore stuff, lots of alcohol, low cal’s), stop eating, all the other problems take care of themselves…

Ask me how i know.

“how i know, by willybeen… a close friend who weighed 180 lbs checked into the hospital the other day… today he weighs ~120… thats 60 lbs in 2-3 weeks… how you might ask??? the answer is simple… he’s very ill from years of bad decisions like smoking and alcohol…Guess what… if i was a betting man, i’d say these are the least of his worries because in 1 year, he wont be around.”

moral/cliffs. Quit smoking… start exercising… more cardio will help burn calories, thus losing weight the healthy way.

spending money on a gym membership is not a waste.

it helps motivate you to go (since you paid for it)

way bigger range of equipment to use than your home (probably)

hot chicks. (hot chicks)

Thx for the words. The exercising and cal counting and shit have already started, this is the 2nd week so far-

The smoking’s got to stop, i have nicorette and willpower for that.

Which is all good once i feel a bit more confident with myself, because i’m not interested in shallow bitches (/not interested in me) until the mewbs go away

I lost 30 pounds in 6 months recently, and am holding at my happy body weight and am just working on toning. Food is going to be the hardest thing, if you are truly aiming to do it the HEALTHY way and make this a life long habit. Especially when going out.

Obviously, when trying to lose weight you want to cook at home as much as possible. But if you’re social, like me, there are times when you go out with your friends. You may try to say “I just wont eat while I’m there,” but frankly, that rarely happens. At least for me, the temptation was too great, and even if I had eaten RIGHT before hand, the smells would make me feel hungry again. Take a tip and keep a granola bar (I like Nature Valley Maple & Brown Sugar) in your car. When that urge to buy food comes on, nosh on that instead.

Also, if you know you ARE going to eat out while you are there, try to take a look at the menu before you leave the house. Evaluate what items you will order, and don’t even look at the menu again when you get to the restaurant. Keep telling yourself “I’m going to order the grilled chicken,” so that it’s harder to change your mind. When the waitress goes to tell you the specials, thank her/him, but tell them you already know what you are having.

If it’s a restaurant where they bring chips or bread to the table, either ask them to take it back, or push it out of reach. Bread and chips are not calorie friendly, so they need to be PLANNED intakes, not just snack food because it’s in front of your face.

If it’s got a white sauce on it, it’s not healthy. Sauces in general can have more calories than the food its smothered over. General rule of thumb is to try and avoid it.

You’re going to learn vegetables are your friend. At first, it’s going to be natural to feel hungry (duh). When hunger hits, you need to have stuff at your house ready to go to eat to get rid of the feeling. I went with SteamFresh veggies in a variety of types. Toss 'em in the microwave for 5 minutes and I had some seriously filling substance with low calories.

No alcohol. After you have established much better eating habits, you can work a drink here and there back in. Just as a rule of thumb, an alcoholic drink is typically around 200 cals (pint of beer, martini, etc… but this is JUST a GENERAL rule). That’s about 15% of your daily caloric intake. Do you really want to waste it on something that wont make you feel full? Don’t answer now… give it a week until you start really feeling hungry as your body adjusts. It will make that decision for you.

Carbs are not a bad thing, but it will probably be natural for you to start avoiding breads, pastas, rice, etc when you realize the caloric content. Without even realizing it, I found I had cut them completely out of my eating, and that’s NOT healthy. Everything in moderation. Just be mindful of them, and choose healthier options (like was said above): whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc.

As I just mentioned, everything in moderation. You’re never going to maintain a healthy lifestyle if you cut out everything you like. During my weight loss, I had a piece of cheesecake about every other day. Because 1) I planned my days food, and knew I could work it in, and 2) because I made it at home, and knew exactly what was in it, and how many calories it was. I sacrificed in other places to allow myself my splurge. AND THAT’S OKAY.

Seriously, if you need any motivation, or want to talk nutrition, please don’t hesitate to send me a PM. I know a lot about exercise as well, but being that I’m female, I might not have too specific of suggestions for a male.

lol @ still smoking

yea that too. and trying to back it up.

? Word

Thx Silver., appreciate the help and ideas- I may pm you to get some more info

Will Power > Nicorette. If you can tough it out for a few days it’ll go much further next time you step up to a strong challenge.