BIG :tspry: to swerve Motorsports....

I wanted to write this to thank the guys over at Swerve for helping me out.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/010.jpg
i had the corolla out today for to be inspected and i wanted/needed an oil change.

brought it in, took them 25-30 minutes(even tho the 35 year old parts made it a little challenging) and even with me standing around bullshittttttttttting about this upcoming season/etc.

but i ramble. THANKS AGAIN SWERVE FOR BEING A HUGE HELP!

what, trying to source 35 year old oil?

:tup: swerve rocks

Did you bring this to delta sonic today? Looked awesome if you did.

lol no.

and yes it was at delta sonic today and yesterday because i live across the street and wanted to get as much of the salt/etc. off of it as i could

i lost a trim ring for my wheel in there tho. d’oh. went back and it was still in there on the ground. thank god shit made 20+years ago isnt like the crap made today. def. would have been broken if it were.

how long before it turns into something like this?

t00 l0ng.

Wow nice Corolla. I’d love to check it out and maybe get some pics this year when I get the Celica back on the road. Old Japanese cars just didn’t survive around here :(. What year is your Corolla? Is that a California plate? My Celica is from CA, bought it in Oakland and drove it back in March '06. Here’s a couple crappy pics from SC on the way back:

is the speed3 back in town again? glad to see you got it in the garage…

its a 73 te21. i live in amherst. i bought it from rancho cucamonga, CA. and i would really like to get some pics. together. i was going to have a pre1995 model year nyspeed meet(newer cars allowed depending on model/commonality)

the speed3 is in town, and i do drive her in the winter:( havent even changed over my tires(bald azenis@about 35-44psi.lol) or changed my oil yet. kind of sad. but thats going to change on monday.

That’s great, can’t wait to see it in person. It looks super clean from the pics I found in the other thread from before you got it. It’s funny that you posted that 1UZFE ITB clip. I saw that clip on Streetfire years ago, before I got my Celica and thought that it would be awesome. I thought in the Celica it would make an awesome new/old school Japanese hotrod. I even have a 1UZFE now on an engine stand in my garage but I’ve decided to go in a different more conservative direction. I’m just going to swap the carbed 2.2L 20R and W50 (cast iron case) trans for an EFI 2.4L 22RE and W58 (aluminum case) from an '85 Celica GTS. I already have the full swap but I have to gather parts to rebuild the 22RE. I’m planning on a mild street cam and header which should be good for at least 150-160hp. Compared to the 87hp that my CA emissions car is rated at, that’s a huge increase.