Bike carbs on a car?

My Corolla has a 1.6 4 banger with a whopping 70hp. Crazy numbers there. Well it’s already carbed but it’s an electronic carb with a sea of vacuum lines that I’d love to get rid of, why not bike carbs? I’m thinking even 600 carbs might flow too much but I don’t know. School me with your flow charts and number crunching skills!

http://homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/index.html

:thankyou:

if it was a honda i know it would work

its really just a ITB … im sure you can do it for your car … yes 600 or even a 500 would work

Honestly before I ditched of the idea of the keeping my 4A-C, I was considering some other carbs but yes they would work. Then I realized that engine is complete and utter crap. Join meeeeeee be different.

But honestly, for the amount of effort you would spend both in time and money it just isn’t worth the lack of gains you would get.

there is a big difference between bike CARBS and bike ITB’s …

I have a 13b I’m gonna build over winter for it, the carb thing is just to get me along til then. Price-wise it won’t cost me much, hoping to find a totalled bike to snatch the carbs off of and I’ll make the adapter. Hopefully the only thing I’ll have to pay for is getting the adapter welded. I figure I’ll be able to sell the setup afterwards, there’s still some guys that like the 4AC.

If something is broken, I have anything you would need to fix it. Why deal with the potential downtime if you have another motor going in.

Besides if anything you should know 4A-C owners are super cheap.

It just runs like shit, the carb needs to be cleaned and/or rebuilt. I’d rather just remove it altogether.

Bike carbs are gravity fed, no fuel pump, so this changes everything.

What about some regular side drafts, or some old SU carbs?

The chance of finding anything like that for cheap or free is pretty much impossible. On the other hand, bike carbs are everywhere. Have you taken your engine apart yet?

if your lookin to buy a set of bike carbs … I have sets of flat slides for sale

The 4A-C? Nay, I’m just going to scrap all if no one buys it I have no need to keep it. And it’s probably worth the same as scrap. The T-50 is still good, but no one seems to want that as well.

Keep the T50 around, there’s bound to be someone that wants to do a manual conversion. I had to drive to Toronto for mine.

x2

We ran bike carbs in a race car,granted it was still using the bike motor but all we did was use an electric pump and a fpr set at 2-4 psi depending on the track and conditions. They were however a pita and I wish fuel injection was allowed.

I saw a guy with a 240sx using hayabusa throttle bodies, not sure if it was FI or carb though, was making 190whp, think it was on www.freshalloy.com