Bike stolen downtown

My mountain bike was stolen in downtown buffalo outside of Pearl St. Grill on Tuesday night. I don’t have much hope of actually finding the bike but its a pretty distinctive custom built 29er Hard tail. Frame is a light gold color, brand is Canfield Brothers and its got some red anodized components on it. There is nothing else like it in WNY.

More importantly, it was all captured by Pearl street’s surveillance cameras and the guy seems to frequent the area. I’m sure he’s stolen plenty of stuff in the past and will continue to.

Here are the surveillance images. The guy was actually spotted by a friend outside of Pearl St the next day wearing the same hat, shoes and backpack but I don’t think the police caugh up to him.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24297[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24298[/ATTACH]

This is my bike, its slightly different now but close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24300[/ATTACH]

Maybe he was borrowing it?

That sucks, ill keep an eye out.

Maybe that’s the same piece of shit who broke into my car and stole my bike, tools and all kinds of other stuff.

If only he was afforded the opportunity of a suburban school. :slight_smile:

no lock?

Maybe he was reading about those cities with the use a bike programs and assumed it was just there to use and loan on to the next person.

No locked up chain for your bike in the city?

That bike looks really nice, sorry to hear it got taken. I had a much lesser quality Trek stolen from downtown… I recommend bringing any bike inside.

was it not locked up?

I hope to god he locked it, but FYI I had mine locked on a SOLID like 4ga lock, and it was still stolen.

Was the bike properly insured?

Edit:

Now that you know he goes there often, put out another bike with a gps hidden on it. Then go to his house and burn it down.

^ YES!

He was taking it to get it washed.

Is that a UB backpack thing?

I’m still waiting to hear if the bike was locked. If not, the OP had it coming. I’d never leave a nice bike like that unlocked.

Maybe he was on the first mission in GTA San Andreas?

the chance of you getting the bike back is very slim, police put very little effort in and it’s probably on the bottom of their list. lesson of the day, dont ride expensive bike to the ghetto.

Lol, Pearl St. Grill is not exactly the “Ghetto”

It’s within easy biking distance though, hence the problem. :slight_smile:

Amherst is also easy biking distance from “the ghetto”.

minus whale move.