Bikes Main Section

Im sure this will get locked like the last 54564561 “site suggestions” made but hear me out.

I know this was brought up a year or so back, but im realizing how much traffic in Gen Auto is coming from the Bike sub forum. Its evident that there are a lot more riders out there than there was, and maybe now is the time to give them a more defined recognition on the site. Who knows, if it grows enough, you might even be able to bring more strictly bike guys here all while increasing traffic (if bikes aren’t the intent of nyspeed then just tell me to stfu and this argument is void).

Im not even a bike guy, but I have just been seeing the bike sub forum getting updated on my “new posts” more than most general auto posts.

Well, thats that, im sure many will agree.

So are you suggesting a layout like:

General Automotive

Bikes

Technical

???

Exactly!

or we could just remove that forum.

:word:

Again, I dont know the mission of the site but when I think of an “Automotive Forum,” I definitely think of bikes and off roading. But thats just me

you COULD do something like

Cars

• General
  • Technical
  • Sound System
  • etc…

Bikes

• General
  • Technical

thats gay. the more forums the more get ignored.

I have to disagree with the getting ignored part.

Proof: Showing threads 1 to 25 of 386
That is how many threads are in the Bikes subforum.

Pretty much just like Technical, DYI, Motorsports and Kills???

I believe the bikes sub forum has seen more traffic than the four of them combined lately.

Pretty much just like Technical, DYI, Motorsports and Kills???

I believe the bikes sub forum has seen more traffic than the four of them combined lately.

i’m saying when you start pushing it with more and more subforums. when you start splitting out forums for things like car audio then people stop checking those.

If there is enough content being added to the site, there will be an increased need for more granular organization.

Content management is a BITCH

http://nyspeed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

automotive electronics already exists. it’s not just sound systems, but I suspect that will be the bulk of it.

If there were more riders on right now, im sure this thread would be blowing up too:)

I like it how it is, we stay out of the clusterfuck of everyones drama and no one bothers us in our sub forum.

Keep it that way plz.

Haha you know what, I have noticed thats true from what I have lurked in that section.

IMO, the auto forums should be split up/re-defined BEFORE the bikes forum gets expanded. I don’t really think there is a direct need for EITHER at the moment.

Couldn’t have said it better.

I like the way it is. All I do is hit “New Posts” when I come on anyway. So I don’t give a fuck what forum or sub-forum a thread is coming from.

I agree, I like it the way it is, but it would be nice to have a technical forum for the bikes. Although it really isn’t needed.