Bing, the news in your country is hilarious

man fined $35k for calling a trans woman a biological male.

this is Canada.

This is exactly what JBP and his lawyer said would happen when they stood against bill C16.

That is one fucking ugly dude. Woof.

Humm maybe time to cash in on some cheap cars up north?

That (s)he case is nutty.

With how much @bing is in the US he can probably get away with filling up mostly in the states. However I wonder if US stations closer to the border are going to gouge just a tad…

The cost to fully refuel a Honda Civic (based on a 47-litre tank) will increase by about $2, while a full fill-up for a Ford Explorer SUV will cost about $3 more.

Those costs are expected to rise each year as the carbon tax increases by $10/tonne until it hits $50 in 2022 — meaning those costs will more than double in less than three years’ time.

the propoganda is out in full force as well.

report issued (leaked!!!) today says Canada is warming at twice the global rate (how?) and that we really need to pay more taxes to combat it.

Probably less ice cover, less freezing cycles. In spring time heat is first used to melt, then it raises temp. Less ice / snow to melt, then more heat will be used to raise temp.

Trudeau said the two lawmakers were ousted for questioning his leadership and particularly in the case of Wilson-Raybould, he pointed to the secret recording she made during a phone call with Canada’s top civil servant where he appeared to pressure her to drop the prosecution at the behest of Trudeau.

The prime minister said the recording of the conversation was “unconscionable,” though he didn’t address the contents of the call.

So the Lets Play Dressup PM is using the old, “How dare you look at my phone” defense when he got caught being a cheat. Nice.

i agree with him here 100%.

that woman recorded calls with her peers and released them thinking they support her claim. if you listen to the 17 minute call there is not a single comment that is inappropriate on the other guy’s part and he presents his case reasonably.

to be quite honest, if i were on the call with her and i was that other guy i would have been MUCH worse and she should have deserved it.

I haven’t heard the 17 minute tapes… but you’re saying he doesn’t pressure her about SNC Lavalin? Wasn’t that the whole point to this? Why would she release the tapes if there’s nothing on them?

He asks her why she isnt allowing the DPA and that the DPA is a recently created law that exists for this type of thing.

she says she doesnt think the DPA applies but doesnt specify why. he just says this is an important thing and she’ll be at odds with the PM. she says she knows but she is just using her best judgement.

she does say a couple times that she thinks the call is inappropriate but that is subjective. it is these people’s jobs to serve the public interest and this conflict between senior politicians is perfectly reasonable.

i see it as something similar to wealth-shaming where you basically take advantage of how easy it is to make poor people hate rich people because one is rich and one is poor.

in this case it is easy to put the label of ‘inappropriate pressure’ on a conversation at a level that very few people every operate at (federal politics and senior legal counsel). they’re really just taking advantage of people’s lack of experience with issues of such import.

on a lesser scale, of course, i have dealt with similar conflicts and i would NEVER be as nice as the guy was on this call if one of my peers was making the kind of call that JWR was making in this case.

With that being said however, i certainly understand that she knows the law better than i do at that level. But she doesnt and really to my knowledge still has not explained why they are not using the DPA and in so doing (or not doing) essentially crushing one of the largest Canadian companies and forcing them to shed their Canadian footprint.

I have family that works there. SNC is an important company up here.

1 Like

Tribalism at its finest.

I mean I get the stigma breaking concept but I’d just rather not risk it just to virtue signal.

1 Like

Virtue signalling…ughhhhhhh.

Hum…

where

the

fuck

is

this

restaurant?

i may have to do this…

Why the hell is an ice cream sand which called pudding?

1 Like