Bing, the news in your country is hilarious

thank god this is now sorted:

LOL

But he also insisted that he hadn’t wanted to. He testified that he was forced to buy syrup stolen from the federation, and replace it with water, by a man who carried a gun.

Vallières said the man told him, “I know where you live.”

dude this is all that is on the news up here right now.

lol

A man in Saskatchewan repeatedly denied vanity tags with his last name, Assman, on them has decided to plaster his truck’s tailgate with a blown-up replica licence plate instead.

David Assman (apparently it’s pronounced OSS-man) of Melville, Saskatchewan attempted to register a custom ‘ASSMAN’ plate but was denied by the province for its inclusion of the word ASS, which contravenes its ministry’s rules.

this one is better:

19? More like 39. Woof.

At least they suspended her AirBnB account, lol.

front page of CBC today.

Gives new meaning to the phrase “eat shit”.

i guess you gents probably are not following this but let me break it down for you.

many years ago Ghaddafi’s son comes to Canada after having helps SNC Lavelin earn some contracts in Libya; after receiving bribes of course.

Garda World, a security company, is hired for security for Ghaddafi’s son but instead they expense to SNC $30k in prostitutes; which by the way is legal up here.

On account of some other litigation for bribery and other stuff all of this comes to light in the last couple of years. the Liberal government wants a differed prosecution agreement so that SNC can still bid on federal contracts. If they don’t get it they may be banned from bidding on provincial and Federal contracts for 10 years per the law. this makes up a substantial part of their business.

Trudeau and others in the cabinet exert pressure on Wilson-Raybould, she is the attorney general. she resigns from her posts and testifies to her claims before the Senate.

all of this just weeks after SNC takes a multi-billion dollar write down because of Chrystia Freelands women’s rights tweets, which were translated into arabic and posted to the Canadian Twitter account in Saudi. Saudi cuts all trade with Canada including a major SNC project.

It’s worse than i am describing.

I was just starting to read up on this because it hit Fox today. First I’ve heard of it in the US was today.

Cohen was a joke. This was pretty damning for old JT. Jody Wilson-Raybould isn’t some convicted liar being coached by the opposition trying to lessen a jail sentence.

EDIT: Also, the woman on the left in the vid I linked… IS THAT A MAN BABY?! /Austin Powers Voice

So Bing, is the Toronto Sun like Toronto’s Fox News?

Reading the comments I expected to see a decent split of people defending their dear liberal leader but every single comment was just blasting him. Which means either A, the Sun has a very conservative base and is reflected in the comments much like the comments on Fox, or B this is really ugly for JT.

EDIT: Yeah, the Toronto Sun is pretty far right leaning.

by right-leaning you just mean reasonable right?

pretty much no one wold dare publicly support JT right now.

I’m just going by what I saw when I googled “Is the Toronto Sun conservative”.

So @bing if you had to guess what’s going to happen to JT? Will he have to step down?

i doubt it. the election is in October and the conservatives (who are not very conservative) and the People’s Party (started by a frecnh canadian dude maxime bernier who lost the leadership election for the conservatives are started his own libertarian party which i joined and offered to volunteer for) are being fairly passive because JT is fucking up so badly.

All of the major canadian companies, non-weed, have posted terrible quarterly reports. TD, one of the biggest bank, just posted a huge earnings miss today.

the province of Alberta posted a nearly $7B deficit because of oil and gas pricing. the new mortgage starts with the banks are at a 35 year low… it’s not looking good up here.

basically every major company from barrick gold to tim hortons is redomiciling and moving all of the jobs to the US.

JT is the worst PM in modern Canadian history.

Another one resigns…

was having a lengthy conversation about this last night over dinner with pro-JWR people.

I believe what we are going to see is Trudeau being complicit in his own succession plan by creating a space where JWR can now emerge as an indigenous, female successor to JT and run for the leadership of the Liberal party with her cabinet being primarily made up of those resigning.

a little tinfoil-hattish i know but the more revelations that come out the more this seems plausible. there is another senior former cabinet guy testifying today.

SNC Lavalin doesn’t seem to be in the news at all down here anymore. What’s the word from the land of maple syrup?

it keeps rambling on.

the news in general up here seems to be an attempt to contain the fall-out from various economic failures.

China is now blocking canola exports from Canada. This strikes right at the heart of the mid-western economy that is already devastated by oil prices and policy of the Libs.

it’s not good up here. but then again, most people are in denial about most things so maybe its fine.