Black paint job suggestions

Just got a question guys…
What makes for a good black paint job that really pops? My friend that use to work at a bodyshop said this to me:

“black isn’t just black paint makes a difference too. the sparkle they put inside. every black has different tones. the clearcoat help bring out the shine in the paint too”
“from far u wont notice too much. but closer u can. or in the sun u can”

Anyone have any suggestions for a good OEM black color

At first i was thinking the 350z Magnetic Black but i read on their forums they have a tendancy to scratch easily and fade.

Another black that has caught my eye is the Brilliant black crystal pearl found on the new dodge chargers.

http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/charger/enlarge_11.jpg

Someone suggested the RSX black its a black with blue sparkles.

So can any suggest a good oem or even paint type that would really stand out (and no i don’t want the bass boat effect I’ve seen on some black paint jobs)

Also i’m guessing I should pay for an extra layer of clearcoat or 2 on a black paint job for it to really stand out for that wet look?

Thanks.

i strongly suggest rsx-s i think its nighthawk black pearl. hotness.

For that wet look, it’s all about the wetsanding and final work.

I love the new Dodge Charger black, but yeah I’d agree to go with the RSX black.

Another option, slap some pearl on that bitch. Whatever colour you want. Just a little bit is all you’ll need to make it go from a black paintjob to something phenominal. You say you don’t want the bassboat look (I don’t much care for it either) but you want some shimmer? Pearl is a great option.

pearl costs 20 bucks to add to your paint and will be plenty for a full car paintjob. all you need is 15grams.

the 350z black is the same as every other nissan black.
grab a oem mercedes black and add maybe a blue pearl :slight_smile:

my last vehicle i had honda black with sunset red pearl. looked really HAWT

i personality went for BMW black it just looked amazing in the sun. another good black is flat black. the stealthy look.

sti java black

…or volvo black sapphire

nissan 732 black (not the typical kh3 black) is pretty nifty

i think it has some gold flake in it… looks really good

its not only the paint that will affect ur paint job but everything shows up on a black paint job. Imperfections in the body lines so u need to block it. It makes sure everythings a straight line. Any scratches or imperfections in body panels need to be fixed. The prep work is the most important step. ESPECIALLY black. Its a hard colour to paint aswell.

As for which black to use sorry i dont know, just thought id put my 2 cents in on the paint work. U probably allready know this anyway

Tremclad Gloss Black :wink: Best 5.29+tax I ever spent.

black shows poor bodywork easily. the one way to mask that is a paint job with a lot of metallic or pearl flake.

RSX black is nice though. I don’t like the Nissan blacks, they look a little too flat.

My body shop suggested going with a Toyota color, Black cherry metallic. I’ve seen a paint chip and I think that it looked real good.

yeah toyota has some of the best oem colours available!

Just got a question guys…
What makes for a good black paint job that really pops? My friend that use to work at a bodyshop said this to me:

“black isn’t just black paint makes a difference too. the sparkle they put inside. every black has different tones. the clearcoat help bring out the shine in the paint too”
“from far u wont notice too much. but closer u can. or in the sun u can”

Anyone have any suggestions for a good OEM black color

At first i was thinking the 350z Magnetic Black but i read on their forums they have a tendancy to scratch easily and fade.

Another black that has caught my eye is the Brilliant black crystal pearl found on the new dodge chargers.

http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/charger/enlarge_11.jpg

Someone suggested the RSX black its a black with blue sparkles.

So can any suggest a good oem or even paint type that would really stand out (and no i don’t want the bass boat effect I’ve seen on some black paint jobs)

Also i’m guessing I should pay for an extra layer of clearcoat or 2 on a black paint job for it to really stand out for that wet look?

Thanks.

i strongly suggest rsx-s i think its nighthawk black pearl. hotness.

For that wet look, it’s all about the wetsanding and final work.

I love the new Dodge Charger black, but yeah I’d agree to go with the RSX black.

Another option, slap some pearl on that bitch. Whatever colour you want. Just a little bit is all you’ll need to make it go from a black paintjob to something phenominal. You say you don’t want the bassboat look (I don’t much care for it either) but you want some shimmer? Pearl is a great option.

pearl costs 20 bucks to add to your paint and will be plenty for a full car paintjob. all you need is 15grams.

the 350z black is the same as every other nissan black.
grab a oem mercedes black and add maybe a blue pearl :slight_smile:

my last vehicle i had honda black with sunset red pearl. looked really HAWT

i personality went for BMW black it just looked amazing in the sun. another good black is flat black. the stealthy look.

sti java black

…or volvo black sapphire