Black turbo Camaro SS > me

Yea thats why there is like 3 STS kits in rochester, all making great hp (600+) with good tuning. Whats so bad about em?

bring some of the sts guys to b-lo this weekend…the fastest ones :tup:

I guess making great hp is not a problem with an STS car. Having a fast car with an STS turbo is another story. TurboLS1SS can vouch for the poor performance of the kit as compared to the under the hood(correct way) or a procharger car

Ahh shit, sorry to hear man. :frowning:

:word: whocares if you have 600hp if you can’t run 10s like a 600hp car should

sorry to hear man :frowning:

STS do not impress me if you want to go fast…last i seen was that red GTO that got beat by the two hondas last year. Then he comes back this year faster and got beat by me and 4g63 Girl.

TurboLS1 went the smart way and now he wont even waste his time on a 600cc bike. If there is something that performes better then the red GTO where it can @ least keep up with a 600cc bike id like to see that

:word: show me a fast sts please, the only one around here gets beat by stock ls1 :lol:

there was a black vert ls1 with a rear mount at lancaster last weekend that was running mid-high 9’s…

:word: thats the one I’m talking about. My buddies mostly stock tpi 350 beat it runing 9.0s and another buddy of mine with a 98 formula with catback beat it running 8.90s…

that is just rediculious, I’m searious… Such a waste of money, whats the kit cost 5k??? or more, dude 5k on a ls1 should get you 11s easy…Cam, Headers, Nitrious…

:word: it wasn’t even putting down respectable traps, i have no idea what was up with that car.

:lol:didnt Bill put down in the 4-500 range last year (on the STS)? and run mid-high 12’s…?

If I remember correctly the hi dyno run was 560 and the lower one with less boost was 480. I’m not tlaking down bill at all, just sts and I think his best run was 12.6, that is what, 6 tenths better than a bone stock ls1? really bad for the amount of money spent.

It’s all about the powerband. More useable power through the rev-range = faster = front turbo FTW :tup:

Oh, nothing against Bill at all… just the rearmount setups FTL. meh… not my money.

Which is exactly why Choda runs mid 10’s on a “measly” 400 peak wheel :wink:

:word: powerband for life

Im not going to get into an argument about whats good and whats bad, but for less money than a procharger, you can get a base STS kit that makes good power for a stock motor. If the Sts kit is done and tuned properly, they will run fine. The “trunk” turbo guys from Rochester are all trapping in the 130’s and one is on a stock motor. If its gonna come down to it, you guys like prochargers, we like STS, you do your thing we do ours. Lets be honest, heads, cam and spray…a lot cheaper and getting similar results without have boost leaks and tuning issues. The guys from Roc will be ready in a few weeks, you guys are coming here as far as i know…

i made 480 from the cartek tune on 8psi. best run was 12.3 at 121. coulda prolly done better with decent tires. however…car wasnt nothing like it is now.

blkuus…seriously…bring these 130+ trapping cars to blo this weekend. we can have some good races if these guys are really over 130.

the only one i know about from u guys is the red gto, and last time i heard it was making 700+ hp and lost to twisteds r6, which isnt 130+ to the best of my recallection

Does one of these fast STS include the 1000 hp black camaro one of our customer was telling us about? If that is the case 1000 hp should be almost trapping 150 mph not 130 mph

This was the same guy talking shit to Chuck about racing the Firehawk at Taffys when we showed up there after boating. Yeah R1 > R6

I raced a 98 black LS1 vert with an STS kit on it a few weeks ago and took him by 2 cars…Chuck(firehawk853) was riding shottie and can vouch for it. I have a slipping A4 tranny and a burnt posi unit. My ride is a 98 TA and the only mods i have are an LS6 intake and headers/exhaust.

Last friday at NYIRP i ran a 8.5X 1/8mile time and 13.3X in the quarter when the tranny let go about 150 feet before the line. I have the timeslip…can post it up.

Yes…it seems for the money the STS kit is not worth it