Blackberry, etc... anyone use these?

Ill be starting a job soon which requires extensive travel. Was wondering if any of you guys use Blackberry’s or any of the Palms. Im looking for something somewhat small that i can use internet browser/email, phone, maybe some pda functions.

Any suggestions?

Im with Verizon, btw, which i think makes a differences.

my buddy has one. He is one of those people who never let their eyes off their phone, text msging, checking internet etc. Its really quite annoying.

I have a palm…

see

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1461/00018322cf.jpg

I have a blackberry, but if you have verizon, forget it. If you want a crackberry, go to Cingular and get the 8700. I love mine, I get about 40-50 emails a day as well as spending time on the net doing directions and pulling up excel spreadsheets so it’s great for me.

i had a blackberry for 3 years… i was addicted… i love not having one now!!! depends how much you use email really… phone features are semi-weak…

I have a treo 700w for work right now and it fucking blows. The PDA piece of it is decent, but the phone is fucking retarded. Get a good cell phone and a separate PDA if you need one, they suck when mixed together, IMO.

treo 700p ftw

i’m with this guy. i have the 700w, love the internet, the phone is OK, and the windows sucks… get the 700p and get the best of both worlds.

I know someone who had a blackberry, and it was annoying. The thing never stopped buzzing and the more gadgets like a blackberry you have the easier it is for work to get ahold of you at any time of day.

yeah, the only time it was useful was when out of town, to look up directions. I currently have a Nokia N70. It’s a semi-smart phone in that you can browse the web and get email, but the screen is a little smaller than RIM or Treo’s stuff. It’s nice when I’m expecting to hear something and want to check my email. It also has a 2mp digi-cam built in.

treo 650 FTL / just bought it and and about to get me a treo 700p !!!

technology blows.

I’m going old school with a CB radio, fuck all this new shit.

the treo (any model) is a waste of money. My internet is slow as ballz and doesn’t connect all the time. And the phone piece is horrible. It rarely rings when a new call comes in, I just get the missed call notification or voicemail. fucking things suck. /rant

700w/p runs broadband internet and is fast.