Blackish ford fusion driving crazy in lackawanna.

So im driving home on abbott rd minding my buisness and i see this black/dark color 2nd generation fusion, passes me by on my right(im in left lane), and then he switches to my lane with no blinker, he was driving 40-45ish in a 30mph zone. He gets to the light at abbott and martin rd which is currently red. And like i said he was driving in a hurry.

He/she then turns left at the red light at martin and abbott rd. I was surprised because obviously its illegal and ballsy. I was coasting to the light still, i wait at the light to turn left as well. I wait for it to go green and then i decided to try to catch up to him.

I dont know why, but i felt like he couldnt have lived far from that area and since i live kinda near there, i just had to follow him.

So i try to catch up to him, which was dumb on my part because i was kinda flying around a neighborhood. Mind you i couldnt even see the fusion because he was driving that fast or probably faster.

So i follow him from martin rd, on to shamokin, to South shore blvd which theres a few stop signs on southshore so a lot of stopping.

I finally catch up to him and can see his tail lights at the top of southshore at the ridge rd light, and he actually stops at the red light for south shore and ridge rd.

He/she turns left onto ridge rd, he seems to drive a little more normal, but possibly on his cell phone because his car twitched a little while driving down ridge.

He seemed to drive less fast, like he noticed hey a car seems to be following him. But then speeds again, about 40/45 in a 30. We pass over south park, and then he appeared to pull right into the lackawanna police station at which point i figured oh shit, did i just follow an undercover cop. Or maybe i scared the person, or maybe it was a cop trying to be on time for his shift.

At that point i felt pretty dumb, and im just assuming he was a cop that felt like he didnt have to follow the law/rules of the road.

Very anticlimactic. 2/10 wouldn’t read again.

Yeah, i know. But i wasnt going to follow the car into the police parking lot.

I guess moral of the story its not worth chasing a car that was driving crazy because it could be an undercover cop, which what can you do then besides become a targrt to be hassled by.

It’s an undercover lackawanna cop car… If you look at the trunk lid you can see two small oval strobes. I have seen him with cars pulled over on ridge often.

https://youtu.be/HPNIOAI5eHM

The plates looked like normal plates.

But if he was a cop, im shocked by how he drove.

Citizens arrest.

Cops driving like assholes? Sounds newsworthy.

I can’t tell you how many local and city cops I see fly down streets with no lights and putting a lot of pedestrians at risk. I understand the city cops usually are rolling to something serious but the local cops are a bit much. Hell, I have seen the border patrol trucks fly through school zones with no lights on or anything.

The other day some douche bag in a Saab threw his water bottle at me while I was cutting the lawn. I don’t live in a huge town, so when I see the pewter Saab 9-3 I’ll probably punch his face in.

In for updates on a possible great story.

Yeah it wasnt the most exciting story. But i literally followed him thinking he lived in my neighborhood, only because of the left turn at a red light. Then once i tried to keep up and realized he was driving pretty recklessly it made me want to really see where he was going and i wanted to tell him off or something.

Then when i found out he’s likely a cop, it wasnt worth the out come.

Many departments have a slew of undercover cars. Cheektowaga has cars that even the officers don’t know about. You occasionally hear a marked car calling out with a car stop, only to hear “That’s 906 you’re trying to stop”. I dont know about other departments, but cheektowaga will not perform a traffic stop with an undercover car. The undercover will follow until a marked car can catch up, or the vehicle leaves the town (whichever comes first).