blah

so my hb stopped workin on me, it just shut off, heard some screeching and then just died… and i was on a hill… wtf… so now i either have to fix it or actually work on the rsx… i think i am the only one with two cars and now both don’t work…:doh: this sux

any thoughts on what could be wrong??? no fluid or anything under the car, belt is still on, battery is charged and the alt still works…:dunno:

Could you describe the “screeching” a bit more? Does the car crank over if you try to start it but not fire?

i heard a sqeeling and then it just shut off… and the engine turns but wont fire…

did you notice any kind of power loss before it died out?

its a stock hatchback. how could you notice any loss of power on something with none?

I’ve seen distrubtors on the SOHC’s die like that, just as the bearing gives out. Pretty easy to yank the cap off and just look around inside. Sometimes the bearing will throw off this redish dust when it dies so thats one thing to look for. Another really dumb thing is the rotor inside the distrubtor gets loose sometimes so check that while your in there.

read my mind

ditto

no luck.
there is fuel, and spark to cylinders.
the starter turns, but isnt turning the motor at all.
so that means its either not extending out to the flywheel, or something is super broken. right?

timing belt!
but, if the timing belt broke then u would have no sparkbut of the starter turns but it isent turning the motor it would not spark either
does it sound there there is compression? either way u should just sell it!

Is it turning over faster than normal? If so, your timing belt is broken. Pull the distributor cap, mark the position of the rotor and try to start the car. If the rotor is in the exact same spot then the belt is broken.

yes, it spins much faster than normal. i think it’s probably the belt.

I say finish the rsx, if you need a hand give me a call!

why would anyone in the world want to finish a car they have a $400/mo payment on?

:smiley:

hey chad :op: u just dont want the rsx running cause u know it will b faster then ur 5.slow…

and yes i was trying to sell the hb so i can get a truck… soif i cant get this fix and if anyone wants a shell let me know…

:kekegay:

when you are looking into your truck, gimmie a call. ill fix you up. nga

well its dead… there is exhaust coming out of the intake… i have o idea what is wrong, i switched distributors and it still isnt firing… it smells like fuel, but there are no leaks… i think either i am going to sell it as a shell or throw an ls in it… does anyone have an ls head by any chance…

I have 3 ls heads!!!

$34.50 and its yours!!!

Kinda sound like it might dropped a valve or maybe a few? Ah fuck it, its dead now lol.

anyone want to buy a 94 civic hb cx shell??? has full suspension on it and normal civic rust spots… name a price no low balling…