Blizzard of '08? v.now w/polski

Stewie: Tomorrow’s forecast calls for sprinkles of genius, and a chance of doom!

It all depends on the wind direction. If it’s a straight western wind like what we’ve seen all winter, roc won’t get any of it unless it gusts way up to 60mph like a few weeks ago when we actually saw lake-effect snow from Erie. That’s was some serious shit.

New warning out. Still saying pretty much the same thing, except that we’re going to get more tonight now.

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT SUNDAY.

SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT WITH THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATING 3 TO 6
INCHES…WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS OVER THE WESTERN SECTIONS. SNOW
WILL CONTINUE IN THE WEST DURING SATURDAY…BUT IT WILL LIKELY
MIX WITH SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN DURING THE MORNING FROM THE
GENESEE VALLEY EAST. COLDER AIR WILL SPREAD IN DURING SATURDAY,
WITH THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
WINDS WILL INCREASE AS THE LOW PASSES BY…WHICH WILL CAUSE POOR
DRIVING CONDITIONS IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. TOTAL STORM
ACCUMULATIONS BY SUNDAY MORNING MAY EXCEED A FOOT.

OP’s gotten about 3 inches since this morning. Nothing overly serious yet.

I guess I really don’t care how much snow Buffalo gets. I’m in Phoenix for the next 2 weeks and it’s 70+ degrees and sunny.

They just announced at work that the 990 is closed in both directions.

there is 4.25" in my driveway since 12:30. Nice fluffy stuff.

We’ve gotten at least 6" by the zoo. It’s been snowing steadily all day, idc though awd and blizzaks ftw in this shit…

ugh, this means the 290 area near the 990 is probably effed as well

The asshole plow guy just plowed my car in at work. Time to see how good those new iPike snows are. :slight_smile:

5-6 inches in W Seneca

i think if you should have to special license to drive in snow.

lol, about time we got some good shit, e-brake slides all the way home from work ftw

road test people in the winter.

arg my fucking snowblower just broke

just got home, and all i got to say is WHY ARE PEOPLE SO AFRAID OF DRIVING IN THE SNOW its pathetic. on the other hand, i enjoyed myself :slight_smile: (when i wasn’t stuck behind someone going 20mph anyways…)

lolz.

come borrow mine, i just finished.

seriously. main st is clear from willyville to buffalo. there is no reason to drive 15 mph

ugh

lol no i conned my 60 year old grand father to do it.

nothing pisses me off more then people who turn their 4 ways on while driving in the snow. Ya great its snowing, the fact that you have your 4 ways on at first confuses me because i think something is wrong. then it pisses me off when i realize u just have them on because its “bad out” we all know its bad, turn off ur fuckin 4 ways