Blue Angels in town?

Saw some dark blue F-18’s flying in a ridiculously tight formation over the river tonight. Banked together, in formation about 10-20 feet apart, and disappeared heading back toward the air base. Looked like yellow on the tails so I’m pretty sure it had to be them. No reason any other planes from the air base would be flying a formation like that or in those colors.

Their website says they’ll be in Toronto the 5th - 7th so I’m guessing I was right.

Wish I would have had my camera with me but I forgot it at home tonight.

Ugh, the more i hear about jets, the more I want to fly in one.

Yes they were here in Niagara Falls, I was talking to them as they flew over Niagara Falls airport. They flew over here and did a pass at 500 feet at 350 knots. It was for the ceremony of opening up the new terminal. They were en route to Toronto after they left Niagara Falls.

Werd, I almost rear ended someone driving home when I was watching them.

We should make them illegal. It was easily more dangerous than talking on my cell phone. I could have hurt myself, or killed someone (me being hurt is obviously more important).

was it just a few hours ago?
I heard something outside goofy, but i was like aww whatever.
now thati think about it… .fuck

They flew over the Niagara Falls Airport at 5:17, however there were some other odd aircraft here that departed after that.

ahhh crap =[
I thought it was a goofy sounding helicopter or something and didnt bother to check.
Crap =(

there was definitely a sheriffs copter flying super low today. it flew by my house twice. (DT)

YOUR MOM’S blue angels are in town!

That’s all I got.

The Angels did a fly by the Niagara Falls Airport for their grand opening around 5:00 PM. They are on their way to the Toronto air show this weekend.

they flew over my house in that formation, was pretty BA to see

Bottom line, the Blue Angels are bad Ass. Probably one of my most favorite social moments ever was drinking with them and all the other pilots following an air show. The stories they have to tell are fricken awesome!

I can only imagine. Didn’t you get to fly in a fighter jet before?

^

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2583/244/6/1571464210/n1571464210_30096058_1542126.jpg

IHY.

What plane?

Angels No.7 It’s a trainer w/ 2 seats.

About 30 minutes to an hour or so after I saw them a huge 4 engined cargo jet took off and made a low bank pretty much right over us in the river at the north tip of GI. I don’t know military cargo planes like I do the fighters so I’m not sure what it was, only that it wasn’t one of the refuelers you constantly see practicing around the air base. C5 or C141B maybe? It was huge and making a ton of noise sounding nothing like any of the commercial jets taking off at the airport. It was a much more high pitched sound.

I meant what type of plane, but I just checked and they fly F/A-18 Hornets. We do the acuators for them. I know a bunch of guys here have probably been up close with those planes and I think a few have also gone up. I would fucking love to be in one of those things.

C-130 it was a buddy piloting it.

Nope, because this was definitely a jet.

C-130 is probably the one cargo plane I would recognize.