BMW M6 on Dyno

wow…it just keeps going

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7228765946191904798&q=exhaust

It just keeps going and going because its slow…

You hear how long in 4th it took to get to redline.

Watch any “real” car on a dyno and see how long it takes.

I call your M6 and raise you a Z06.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5971056538869331696&q=z06

The M6 almost sounds like an F1 car.

^^ no it doesnt haha

i couldnt make out any numbers on that run but thats freakin strange, the curve looks almost impressive (depending on the numbers of course) and it seemed to go forever

there is no way it took that long because its slow, a KA does a 5th gear run faster than that. not to say that m6’s aren’t slow… I’m just saying… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously! Now it doesn’t sound like an F1 car at full throttle, but at half-throttle, I can hear a resemblance.

What’s the redline on the z06? like 6500rpm?

the M6 redlines at 8500 or 8900…something like that.
7spd sequential
380something conservative hp
and at the puch of a button it musters up 500hp.

so the one in the vid will likely have over 500whp.

The Z06 redlines at 7000 I think.

i wouldnt be surprised… My guess is that it was just a very heavy roller on the dyno for more accuracy.

the M6 doesnt break 12’s does it?

i dunno, but it does 0-62 MPM in 4.6 seconds.

Mikey, sorry BMW>Chevy

why would anyone say the M6 is slow??? wtf people!
that car has a 5L V10 that makes 507hp and 380lbs.ft of torque…

granted, it weighs 3700lbs, but I’m pretty damn sure it’s fast and it handles like a dream… bimmers are know for their handling characteristics and I’m sure the newest “M” badged BMW won’t disappoint you in any way.

btw, it does 0-100km/h in 4.6s… hardly slow for a quality grand tourer.

This is all bone stock and straight from the factory… just imagine the potential that engine has and I bet it’s smooth as hell…

edit: (just checked the specs) it redlines at 8250 and makes most of the power at 7700 and most of the torque at 6100…

BMW might be > Chevy…

but Z06 > M6

And Bing it does 11.5s stock

LS7 (the engine in the Z06) makes 505hp and 475lb-ft – redlines at 7000 as someone already said. It decimates everything.

That is all.

OK

you go buy a z06

i’ll go buy an m6

we’ll meet on Christmas Eve and race around the Carolers.

Not a bad plan.

But I propose a race around the world instead. The queen herself shall drop the checkered flag.

If I win, you owe me a sprite.

you’re both losers. :wink:

i drove the m6 in dubai , by no means is it slow and it for sure breaks 12’s…on the highway it actually pulled on a friends ferrari 355 challenge stradale…id take it over a z06 anyday…however, the m6 and z06 cannot really be compared, once a race car(z06) and ones an a highway animal.

you cannot compair a domestic shit box to a refined german luxury car.

what you just said is like compairing a k car with a v8 to a ferrari

Uhh… a domestic shit box?

Okay bud. :wink:

Do It!!!

I say the chevy doesn’t make it 1/4 of the way before she breaks down… :stuck_out_tongue: