BMW seven-fourty-fiz-eye *BMW fagz come in*

Can’t sleep ATM so…got bored and decided to continue beating the dead horse with you fine gentlemen. Obviously, no one is going to change their mind, but for shits and giggles:

Still have yet to see you offer any concrete features or reasons that make those above cars 1000x better than Infiniti’s flagship model (M56xS), which at full feature, runs around $73k.

For the sake of this argument, lets compare any ol new 7-series vs the new M56 to see if, on any level, the M can hang with A 7-series in terms of ‘luxuriousness’ (since evidently, according to this online community, ANY 7-series is better than ANY Infiniti M). On paper of course.

M56xS - $73k Full-Loaded

• 420HP/417TQ
  • Intelligent AWD
  • Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)[14]
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)[10]
  • Distance Control Assist (DCA)[16]
  • Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)[8]
  • Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI) Systems[7]
  • Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts
  • Active Trace Control (Adjusts vehicle braking and engine torque to help enhance cornering feel)
  • Eco Pedal
  • Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
  • Bose® Studio Surround® sound system with 5.1-channel decoding, 16 speakers
  • Forest Air™ system with Advanced Auto Recirculation, Breeze Mode, Plasmacluster™ Air Purifier, and Grape Polyphenol Filter
  • Power rear sunshade
  • Semi-aniline leather seating
  • Unique quilted seat pattern with contrast piping and additional seat bolstering
  • White ash silver-powdered wood trim
  • Suede-like headliner
  • Premium soft-touch material for armrests, door inserts, center console and knee pads
  • Premium stitched meter hood
  • Aero Kit
  • 18" Accessory Wheels

Things like Navi, Climate control seats, DVD player, auto headlights, etc. are standard.

BMW - BASE price of $70k

• 315HP/330TQ
  • No AWD
  • None of the safety features of the M (Lane Departure, Backup Cam, Brake Assist, Blind Spot, etc.)
  • Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
  • Only a 10 speaker sound system
  • All the other typical things you’ll find in a luxury car such as start/stop button, keyless entry, HDD navigation, Bluetooth, etc.

So…if I am a smart consumer, what do you think I’ll do? Pay $70k and get a shit ton of extras? Or pay $70k and get the absolute basics AND less enjoyment (due to less power)?

Now, let’s see what a full loaded 740 costs…oh right…$91.5k

And what does that get you?

• iPod and USB (I know AUX/CF is included but not sure specifically about iPod and USB)
  • Premium Sound (included in above M)
  • Sat Radio (included in above M but M offers NavTraffic and NavWeather as part of the deal)
  • Rear Seat entertainment and 6 disc DVD changer (included in above M)
  • Keyless Entry (standard on the BASE M)
  • Soft close doors
  • Power tailgate
  • Ventilated seats (standard on the BASE M)
  • Heated seats (standard on the BASE M)
  • Heated steering wheel (included in above M)
  • Blind spot detection (included in above M)
  • Lane departure system (included in above M)
  • Auto high-beams (included in above M)
  • Sports package which has 19 or 20 inch rims and some interior badging, etc.

So, basically…for $90k, you get soft close doors and power tailgate. HOLY SHIT!

So, my earlier point still stands. You are paying for the badge (an extra 20k). 20k! You know why you are paying that much more for the badge? Because BMW has been around since during the World War (1916). Infiniti was started what? 21 years ago (1989)? Why do you think Infiniti is charging less? To grow their market share (which they are doing). Same thing Hyundai has been doing and their Genesis car has been quite the hit with critics and the general public alike.

If you wanna be a dope and pay $20k extra for the same damn car (one which isn’t any more reliable or faster or significantly better looking although that last one is debatable), by all means.

Is the M on the same level as the 7 (at least the 7)? Yes. I’d say so. Is it on the same level as ALL 7-series models? No. The 760 retails for $120k…but going through the standard features, the M has the majority of that as well as it’s not MUCH different from the 740. The 760 just has a ridiculous amount of power.

So yes, I would say the M is on the same level as the big boys. Very much so. It is as good as at LEAST the base 7-series.

They are the same. My M was $28-32k. I was looking at 750’s with the same mileage and same years for the same price. They depreciate pretty equally.

Yes. Since when does 420hp = no performance (see above)? lol. My M (275hp) has walked both my friends 08 328 and 07 (?) 528 (while weighing more than both and considerably more than 3 series - 800lbs). So, you should clarify your statement with (the V8+ BMW’s is luxury for performance oriented people). Just sayin.

Oh…and for those that think the M is ugly…I dunno what you’re talking about (this is photoshopped of course - but shows it’s potential with basic rims and tint):