BMW X7 - To be built in US

BMW announcing 3 row X7 and it will be built in Spartanburg, SC.

rendering:

Yeah… eh… it’s going to have to look better than a stretched X5.

That plant runs my companies fuel cells in its fork trucks and agvs.

3rd row? Diesel?
All I would care to see to make this successful.

Will employees get a break on the price if they buy one for themselves? This could change the whole mud / pickup truck scene down there in the south. Three weeks and it’ll be lifted two feet, swamper tires, and giant exhaust pipes out the hood.

All X-series are built in Spartansburg, so it’s nothing new there, but it’d be cool if the X7 had legitimate room in the 3rd row. The X5s were offered with a 3rd row, but I doubt anyone except small kids or legless midgets could fit back there.

I’d like to assume they’d be putting the 3.0L diesel in there, but it’d be nice if they offered something a little bigger as well.

Miss my X5 sometimes. =(

+1…not feeling it at all.

these will sell like crazy. women love BMW SUVs… of all the cars I’ve owned girls swoon over my beat up 2002 X5 with 175k more than anything else.

Is the ass end really flared out that much or is that just a weird angle on the rendering? It looks like a dually without the dual wheels.

BMW just continues to amaze me with their terrible style decisions. I thought it would get better once they booted Bangle. I was following a 780 on North Forest today, the epitome of the Bangle design influence and just couldn’t get over how ugly that car was.

that’s not an official rendering of any kind.