boat gets struck by lightning

So i was on an install in grand island today around 3 and hear this really loud bang. I leave the house with in five minutes and look over to my right and there is a boat fully engulfed in flames. The coast guard arrived shortly after. I do not know what happened to the people so if anyone heard anything post it up.

wow, that’ll ruin your day.

That most definatley sucks! Hope everyone is okay :tup:

Were there even storms in the area then?

More likely they had a small gas leak and didn’t run the blower long enough to clear the fumes out of the engine bay. Start engine, boom. One blew up over in Tonawanda the same way just a few weeks ago.

The storm had just started about 5 mins earlier

Its amazing how many ppl that happenes to…

Boat Fire In West River - 2008

The Grand Island Fire Company responded to a report of a boat fire in the West River at the tip of Beaver Island State Park at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, August 24,2008. Two occupants of the vessel left the boat and were picked up from the river by other boaters. The GIFC Marine Unit 1 responded and firefighters and equipment were then picked up on shore at West Oakfield Road by the Erie County Sheriff’s Marine Unit II and transported to the burning craft where they worked to suppress the fire, still burning at 3:58 when heavy rain began to fall. The fire was out and the GIFC returned to the dock in heavy fog at 4:34 p.m. The Fire Company was also called out at 3:48 p.m. for a residential alarm set off by lightening and a smoking transformer at 4:22 p.m.

Is it me or are boat fires pretty ironic?

All this water around and nothing you can do about it.

at least they were alright

lol.

Reminds me of the time my friend Matt and I accidentally set the side of his pool on fire.

buahahahaha