Boats

for as small as those boats are thats pretty bad.

flying boat is crazy… are there any in the US, what do they cost, do you need a pilot’s license?

no license required (pretty sure)… they only go 55 i think… and and can be had new for 40k… used range from 10-25k…

just google flying boat for sale and see what comes up.

I have a 2003 LS2000 and love it. The AR 210 is also a nice boat. If I were you I would stick with the Yamaha’s, The Exciter is great for a smaller one. I know seadoos aren’t made well at all (they had major problems within 2-3 years) Especially with the SC.

Mine has the dual engine 2 stroke and it will run forever. They only problem with the yamaha’s is the oil lines they used tend to dry riot and crack. They will need to be replaced ASAP. I just did mine over the winter and it was no problem at all. Both engines started right up within 30 seconds too.

Not sure about the other jet boats but according to the manual mine gets 28 gallons to the hour on WOT. (270 hp) They are actually better then most boats.

If you have any questions let me know! I looked into getting one for years and waited until I found the right one. I LOVE mine and would never trade if for another boat. Even the slow steering isn’t bad like most people say. If you want a ride or have any questions let me know! Also check out www.yamahajetboaters.com. I learned a ton on there!

Get yourself an 18-20 foot bowrider with a traditional prop.

The only time the Niagara River is ever calm is 7am on the weekdays. Going out after work or on the weekend in any of those tiny jet boats is going to be nothing but miserable as you slam wake after wake. As it is I generally avoid the weekend with my 18 footer and it’s got a petty aggressive V for cutting through the chop. Those 16 or so footers with their almost flat bottoms are going to SUCK.

Add to all that the fact that jets are not as efficient as props (that’s why you see a 16 foot jet boat with 200+ HP) and you’ll burn through way more gas.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/1101411071.html

EDIT: That one 18 footer you posted maybe, but I’d still rather have a prop.

+1

Good read…

All said, if I lived somewhere with a nice quiet waterway I’d own a jet boat. WNY is a VERY busy waterway though so you really need something with an aggressive V for cutting through the chop.

PS, I’ve been on the water since I was 2 with boats ranging from 12’ to 25’. I laugh when I get stopped by the rookies coast guard kids they assign to WNY because generally I have more hours on the water than the 4 or 5 of them combined. :slight_smile:

Would you still be arrested if you went up the falls on a boat?

You do realize you would have way more fun with a bike :smiley:
(And probably more often)

Jay is right… I didn’t think about the exciter (or smaller jet boats) being in the River. Although I really did not have problems at all last year. The only spot that seemed bad was where the canal comes out by tonawanda island (the shores restaurant) and up the riverwalk. But it would be bad there for any boat. And this is only when it was a really nice day. If you got around where NT is and to grass island I could usually go WOT. If I wasn’t too busy doing spins

The only way that a jet boat really works is if you really WANT to get wet everytime you go out.

Jet skis are built to have fun. Jump wakes, spin em around, fall off, whatever. Jet boats were built with the same thing in mind, just bigger.

What? It’s tough to get wet. Even if you do a spin out you don’t get wet

Im about to pick up a 2005 Seadoo Challenger, there alot of fun and they have the newer 4tech 4stroke which is much more reliabe and less maintanene than the older single or double 2 stroke engines.

Jay thanks for the input. I still think a jetboat is what I want, but I’ll take your advice into consideration. I’ll read the link too. Thanks for that. What’s the worst that could happen? I buy one use it for a summer then sell it and get a prop boat if you’re right? Sounds like I can’t lose. :stuck_out_tongue:

SilverGTP thanks for the first hand input!

Again, I’m you want a ride let me know! I live right in Tonawanda too. I’ll have it out soon

Thanks dude! I’ll let you know.

my boss is having his boat built as we speak, its been in the works for over 6 months now (building) and over 2 years of planning… cant wait to see it all done. I’ll be sure to host pics then.

Buying used, especially right now when you should be able to offer less than asking price and get it, shouldn’t be a problem if you want to sell it a year from now.

Should make for a fun summer. :tup:

Someone with a better sense for the size of these things, would one of these be likely to fit into a decent sized garage?

Yes…