Boats

the best way to tell is check the dimensions of the trailer.

i personally dont think this. all of my jet skis i have had have been two stroke and the engines run perfect. As long as they are taken care of and use good oil, winterize properly… engine will last a long time. My sit down has 100+ hours on the motor and has never had a problem.

a bike cant hold three to four ladies on board !

Been out in SilverGTP’s jet boat a few times. Awesome fun. The normal river chop is tolerable. You can go full speed when there is a small chop, but it is somewhat harder not to have the engine cut off. We went out in the lake as well to fish off it a few times. Caught some nice fish.

You guys are comparing apples and oranges though.

Silver’s boat is almost 20 feet (19.6), has a dry weight of 2100 lbs and 18 degrees of deadrise. It’s basically a traditional mid sized bowrider with jet power. It will ride and handle nothing like the 16 foot skipping stones that Fry is looking at.

If you want to go jet in this area his boat is definitely a good choice.

they eat gas like non other! they are fun as shit and I would definitely recommend them. just picture being on a jetski in choppy water, i find it fun as shit when your hauling ass bouncing all around not knowing how its going to land.

learn how to drive!

ummmm ok. thank you for telling me to learn how to drive, seeing as i drive these every summer every weekend.

Carbureted 2-stroke jetski engines are horrible on fuel and oil. Every time I take my jetski out for a long day, I use about 10 gallons of fuel, and about a quart of oil (good oil costs near $30 a gallon). And thats one engine pushing a ~500lb ski, you’d have 2 engines pushing a heavier boat.

my buddy has a 270hp 2 engine i believe 2 stroke yamaha that seats 7. they put about 150$ in the tank every time they fill it. if you were to go full out on this boat you would be out of gas after probably 3 to 4 hours, maybe less.

my 2000 seadoo rx takes about 10 or so gallons of gas. if you ride the bitch full out its gone in less than 2 hours.

My uncle owns one that has 2 jets or w/e you call them. It is a good time if you do not mind bouncing around (thats half the fun to me) When you get a really choppy day you get airborne and it’s a blast. Not meant for just cruising down the canal imo…Thats what “boats” are for.

hence why i said you eat up gas like non other, but i need to learn how to drive. lol

one way or another, they are a fucking blast to be on or driving. i say pick one up! maintenance is definitely much easier than a jetski though, usually the whole back opens up and the engine is just sitting there, unlike how the walls of a jetski get in your way.

oh yea, I know the difference in length is a lot and definitely noticeable, that’s why I’m saying we’ve been out on the Lake with it before, if he wants a boat that can do it, he should look bigger.

Now this is a jet boat!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/1132026874.html

Bump. Nobody said much about the Baja. Baja has a decent reputation for making good boats don’t they? Isn’t that 120 merc motor going to be a 4 stroke? Hmm… I may go look at that and the Seadoo on Thursday. Not because I’m counting the others out, but just to look.

honestly with a jetboat, i would stay with seadoo or yamaha. regular inboard/outboard bajas are great. but i think thats what they are known for. im not aware to well of there jetboat

I suggested a steak and cheese sandwich, Silver suggested fajitas with jalapeno, and you decided you want a turd sandwich. Go with whichever turd sandwich you want, but I’m not taste testing any of them. :slight_smile:

Yeah well I ain’t buying a filet mignon when all I want is a bag of cheetos. :slight_smile:

lol god bless message boards.

Just out of curiosity…why is it you’re looking just at jet boats and not considering “regular” boats?

What’s making you swing one way or the other?

We use to have a 23" Chaparral with some big Chevy V8 and it was a fucking BLAST to drive, was average on gas, and sounded amazing…

my family had a 88 20’ chaparral with a merc v6. that shit go us out of the water in a second when you stepped on it. quick out of the hole, but top end was only 40-45mph. also can be changed depending on the pitch of the prop obviously